Civivi Bo by Brad Zinker — Nitro-V CF

RamZar

Gold Member
Looking forward to the new Bo model which will be my first or second Civivi before or after Nox.

Model Name: Bo
Overall Length: 6.68" / 169.6mm
Blade Length: 2.92" / 74.2mm
Closed Length: 3.76" / 95.4mm
Blade Thickness: 0.1" / 2.5mm
Handle Thickness: 0.43" / 10.9mm
Weight: 2.01oz / 57g
Blade Material: Nitro-V
Blade Hardness: 59-61HRC
Blade Grind: Flat
Blade Finish: Gray Stonewashed
Handle Material: Carbon Fiber
Handle Color/Finish: Red/Black or Blue/Black
Liner Material: Stainless Steel
Liner Color/Finish: Gray
Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
Clip Material: Stainless Steel
Screws Material: Stainless Steel
Pivot Assembly: Caged Ceramic Ball Bearing
Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
Designer: Brad Zinker

C20009B-A_Bo_1100x.jpg

C20009B-B_Bo_1100x.jpg

I absolutely LOVED my blue marbled Bo, but unfortunately, it came out of the box with a quite heavily corroded blade. I'm already working with the retailer who is working with Civivi/We on fixing the issue, but it is upsetting nonetheless. Aside from an ugly blade, the knife itself is just fantastic. The blade came perfectly centred, detent tuned to perfection and it flipped open with a very perfect and authoritative SNAP with a great lockup. It's sad too, as it was only my second We/Civivi model with my first being a black Snex Mini Buster which is pure perfection in knife form. I have an Esprit on order and was seriously considering the Imperium and Upshot as well before they were totally gone. Given this mishap with the Bo, I've paused my plans for anything more and will stick with just what I have on hand/Esprit order and wait to see how this situation is handled before deciding future business with We group products. Fingers crossed they rectify the situation quickly and at no cost to me because they make some truly great products, or at least I thought they did originally. Plus they have so many interesting designs and different price ranges to fit any need I might have, it's a nice alternative to the usual USA-made options.

I absolutely LOVED my blue marbled Bo, but unfortunately, it came out of the box with a quite heavily corroded blade. I'm already working with the retailer who is working with Civivi/We on fixing the issue, but it is upsetting nonetheless. Aside from an ugly blade, the knife itself is just fantastic. The blade came perfectly centred, detent tuned to perfection and it flipped open with a very perfect and authoritative SNAP with a great lockup. It's sad too, as it was only my second We/Civivi model with my first being a black Snex Mini Buster which is pure perfection in knife form. I have an Esprit on order and was seriously considering the Imperium and Upshot as well before they were totally gone. Given this mishap with the Bo, I've paused my plans for anything more and will stick with just what I have on hand/Esprit order and wait to see how this situation is handled before deciding future business with We group products. Fingers crossed they rectify the situation quickly and at no cost to me because they make some truly great products, or at least I thought they did originally. Plus they have so many interesting designs and different price ranges to fit any need I might have, it's a nice alternative to the usual USA-made options.

"Heavily corroded blade"? Strange. Hope you'll get a nice replacement. Mine should be here Friday/Saturday.

"Heavily corroded blade"? Strange. Hope you'll get a nice replacement. Mine should be here Friday/Saturday.
Yeah man, I'll attach an unedited pic of the blade as I saw it fresh out of the box. I hope you get a perfect example because it's such a sweet knife! I loved it despite the blade condition, which I hope to hear back about soon.

Attachments

• Civivi Bo - Out of the box blade.png
    Civivi Bo - Out of the box blade.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 70
Nitro-V is a very stainless steel. Is the corrosion coming from the liners? How did it even get past QC?!

Nitro-V is a very stainless steel. Is the corrosion coming from the liners? How did it even get past QC?!
I have absolutely no idea. I tried scrubbing it off, using oil to rub it off, mild dish soap and my fingernails, etc. Many things as carefully as possible to not ruin the finish further. I contacted the dealer ASAP with pics and as far as I know, they are awaiting a response from Civivi on whether to send me a new one or make me deal with it myself. If they don't just take back the old one and send a new, proper one I'll likely return the Esprit immediately before opening and not buy any further We product, since it would clearly be bad customer service since as you said, the steel is pretty stainless.

Wondering if the box got wet at some point. I would be disappointed if Civivi didn't stand tall on the problem.

I have absolutely no idea. I tried scrubbing it off, using oil to rub it off, mild dish soap and my fingernails, etc. Many things as carefully as possible to not ruin the finish further. I contacted the dealer ASAP with pics and as far as I know, they are awaiting a response from Civivi on whether to send me a new one or make me deal with it myself. If they don't just take back the old one and send a new, proper one I'll likely return the Esprit immediately before opening and not buy any further We product, since it would clearly be bad customer service since as you said, the steel is pretty stainless.

Makes you wonder if it’s really Nitro-V. I have my first two Civivi folders (Bo & Nox) incoming and both have Nitro-V which is the reason I picked the folders.

Makes you wonder if it’s really Nitro-V. I have my first two Civivi folders (Bo & Nox) incoming and both have Nitro-V which is the reason I picked the folders.
Yeah that's a good point... it was my first Civivi, like I said my only other non USA knife was the Snex Mini Buster which is 20cv and acts like it. I've never had Nitro-V before, which was another reason for wanting the Bo. The Nox was a nice feeling knife by the way, solid choice. I found many of the Civivi's I handled felt really nice and well made but having the first one I buy to be a dud is pretty disheartening. The Odium felt just amazing and I was extremely tempted by it but decided to save and get a real Ferrum Forge mini archbiship, but I need a USA proxy because I want the marble cf version and all I can get in Canada is the G10 one. The Imperium also felt amazing but I didn't pull the trigger because the shop I was in was overpriced by 40 bucks vs online, otherwise I would have immediately. It felt like it was made for me and the action was just spectacular. The Elementum felt boring and generic, Brazen was good, so was the Riffle. The Mackenna I wanted to love but was just too small in my hand. The Praxis felt good but meh and I think the only other one I tried was the Incite which I liked as well.

Also still no official word from Civivi/We regarding the blade. I notified the shop in Canada at 1:55am (today, 22hrs ago as of right now) and they replied at 8:35am when they opened and notified Civivi immediately after. I imagine by now someone at We/Civivi must have seen this thread or the dealer's request but I haven't been contacted.

I got my Bo from White Mountain Knives and no problems with the blade. It's a great knife and at a great price.

Good retailers will accept returns of faulty products and give refunds or exchanges. They shouldn't be asking the manufacturer and waiting for a response at all. That's on them after you've already returned the product. At least that's how it is in the U.S. Not sure about Canada.

I got my Bo from White Mountain Knives and no problems with the blade. It's a great knife and at a great price.

Good retailers will accept returns of faulty products and give refunds or exchanges. They shouldn't be asking the manufacturer and waiting for a response at all. That's on them after you've already returned the product. At least that's how it is in the U.S. Not sure about Canada.

That’s the exact same Bo model I ordered from WMK. Blade looks coated not stonewashed in your video. I agree that a defective knife should go back to the dealer which is what I’ve always done if within 30 days of sales. My order from WMK which includes Civivi Bo, Civivi Nox and WE Eidolon CF should be here by Saturday.

That’s the exact same Bo model I ordered from WMK. Blade looks coated not stonewashed in your video. I agree that a defective knife should go back to the dealer which is what I’ve always done if within 30 days of sales. My order from WMK which includes Civivi Bo, Civivi Nox and WE Eidolon CF should be here by Saturday.
Yeah the blade is kinda half coated/half stone washed look. Hard to describe. His looked a lot more blue than mine did, my scales are far darker looking. Otherwise identical though, obviously. Also I agree that the retailer should be sending out the replacement immediately and paying to return the defective one. They should be dealing with it, not me. I shouldn't be stuck with a knife in limbo, waiting to hear back from someone. I tried a new retailer I had never tried before, and I guess perhaps I should stick to the same ones I normally use because I doubt they would have made me wait.

Received my Civivi Nox and Bo from WMK just now. No problems at all. Remember both have Nitro-V steel blades. Very nice!

98qK9Tw.jpg

E8PjaNT.jpg

Both look fantastic!!! Great purchases. Which do you like better?
I finally heard back. Had to ship my Bo back and once they receive it, they'll send me a new one. And maybe refund the shipping and packaging I had to pay to send it. Not a great experience.

I finally heard back. Had to ship my Bo back and once they receive it, they'll send me a new one. And maybe refund the shipping and packaging I had to pay to send it. Not a great experience.

Glad you’re getting a replacement.

I prefer the Bo since it’s slimmer, lighter and the true CF feels better to the touch. Both came with box and zippered pouche which is surprising since they cost so little. Bo is $79.50 and Nox is $63.75!

Hi Friend,we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.Please don't worry,dealer will cover your return shipping fee.Please feel free to send us email via sales@civivi.com if you need any further help,we will be at your service as always. 🙏

Hi Friend,we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.Please don't worry,dealer will cover your return shipping fee.Please feel free to send us email via sales@civivi.com if you need any further help,we will be at your service as always. 🙏
Hello!
Yes, I received word this morning that the dealer will be refunding me shipping costs. I believe they received the defective knife today and will be sending a replacement today. I can't wait to get it back, I really loved the knife.

I received my We Knives Esprit last night, and all I can say is WOW.... what a fantastic knife. Absolutely love it. Not as much as I love my Mini Buster, but close. I still need to collect the Gava and Mote to have all the current lineup of We Knives I've fallen in love with, as well as maybe the Upshot but I'm undecided on that one. Seems a bit "boring" for the price. I do still want a Civivi Imperium as well and am tempted by the Perf. Basically right now you guys are making too many models I'm really liking all at once and it's hard to keep up!

Hello!
Yes, I received word this morning that the dealer will be refunding me shipping costs. I believe they received the defective knife today and will be sending a replacement today. I can't wait to get it back, I really loved the knife.

I received my We Knives Esprit last night, and all I can say is WOW.... what a fantastic knife. Absolutely love it. Not as much as I love my Mini Buster, but close. I still need to collect the Gava and Mote to have all the current lineup of We Knives I've fallen in love with, as well as maybe the Upshot but I'm undecided on that one. Seems a bit "boring" for the price. I do still want a Civivi Imperium as well and am tempted by the Perf. Basically right now you guys are making too many models I'm really liking all at once and it's hard to keep up!
Thank you so much for the updates.We appreciate your kind words and glad to hear your enjoyable experience with WE Knives.😊 🙏

Thank you so much for the updates.We appreciate your kind words and glad to hear your enjoyable experience with WE Knives.😊 🙏
Got my replacement Bo today, and it is absolutely perfect. I love this little knife. Big thanks to We Knives, and to the Canadian dealer who took excellent care of me. Not sure I'm allowed to name them or not, but they're fairly new and their name means to honour their word. Which they did indeed. Will be dealing with them again for sure.

Back