Civivi Elementum Owners

Over the last year or so there seems to have been a LOT of attention given to Civivi's Elementum, a budget flipper. I'm interested in the knife, but concerned that the online/YouTube reviews are mostly hype. I kind of believe in the old adage "you get what you pay for", and at $50 I am concerned the promise of this being such a great blade is too good to be true. Has anyone experienced the knife for themselves, over an extended period of time, actually putting it to use? All feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

The search function is at the top right corner of the page.....It works, and there are plenty of posts discussing the quality of the Elementum.

I got one as a Christmas gift, and I've been impressed with it. Is it a Chris Reeve or a Hinderer? Nope. But, for the money, it's well worth it.

I work in an office environment, and it's a great EDC size. You can't chop wood or fight off evil ninja warriors with it, but for normal use, it's been great.

I think my model was $60ish, and it's much better than a comparable $$$ Kershaw (or something along those lines).

Not the youtube hype thing again.

Bro it's videos of a knife people like take it or leave it. Buy the knife and see what you think.

I like it, great budget blade, I even have a youtube video where I discuss it but that would be just more hype.

Not the youtube hype thing again.

Bro it's videos of a knife people like take it or leave it. Buy the knife and see what you think.

I like it, great budget blade, I even have a youtube video where I discuss it but that would be just more hype.
hahaha, I want to see the video. Link?

I don't have an Elementum even though they have always intrigued me ever since they came out. As a matter of fact, there are several interesting examples that Civivi, Artisan and a whole raft of other overseas knife manufacturers make that seem to get rather high reviews.

The way I look at it, if the RAT 1 or 2 are decent knives for $30-$40, then how can you go wrong for a nice Elementum for a few bucks more?

Amazing that you would take the time to leave a flippant comment like that. If you don't like the post, why not just keep going and move on?
Amazing that some people just don't get thats why this forum has a search function.
Its a lot easier to use the search function and get all the answers you need in 30 seconds than it is to make yet another Elementum thread......... There is plenty of information to be had if you only take the time to learn how to use it.

If you get one I would recommend getting just the D2 version and not upgrade to the s35vn, in my opinion it is not worth the extra $30. I bought the s35vn and the flipping just doesn't seem to be very satisfying as my other flippers which I think is mostly due to the s35vn being .10" while the D2 is .12". It still has no problem deploying, but like I said it is just less satisfying than I would expect.

The search function is at the top right corner of the page.....It works, and there are plenty of posts discussing the quality of the Elementum.
To be fair, most of the other threads are people asking for comparisons between this knife and others. OP only asked about how this knife is relative to all of the hype around it, how it holds up over time, and if people feel it is worth buying.

Amazing that some people just don't get thats why this forum has a search function.
Its a lot easier to use the search function and get all the answers you need in 30 seconds than it is to make yet another Elementum thread......... There is plenty of information to be had if you only take the time to learn how to use it.

Troll much?

The Elementum is fantastic and completely deserves the hype in my opinion. Excellent action, good build quality, a nice choice of scales, decent edge holding, and a great price. It's a whole lot of knife for $50 or so.

The Rat 2/1 in D2 and the Elementum are typically my first suggestions when someone is looking for a solid edc at around $50.

The Elementum is fantastic and completely deserves the hype in my opinion. Excellent action, good build quality, a nice choice of scales, decent edge holding, and a great price. It's a whole lot of knife for $50 or so.

The Rat 2/1 in D2 and the Elementum are typically my first suggestions when someone is looking for a solid edc at around $50.

Thanks for the feedback. How strong is the detent? Can you gravity flip it open?

Try to ignore the trolls.

The Elementum is a nice knife but it’s only one of many great options in budget imported knives. The market is currently flooded with really well made inexpensive knives from CIVIVI, Artisan, Bestech, Kizer Vanguard/Tangram and others.

If the looks and the ergos of the Elementum appeal to you, give it a shot. It’s well worth the price of admission.

For me the Elementum is only a so-so slicer despite fairly thin blade stock, has stepped scales that could be more comfortable and is flipper only. I like choices when I open a folder.

I was super stoked about the Elementum Button Lock coming soon but they unfortunately grew the knife in almost every dimension.

I have a CIVIVI Pintail that can kick my Elementum out of my pocket everyday. Your mileage will vary. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. How strong is the detent? Can you gravity flip it open?

I'd describe my example as "crisp". Not too firm, not too soft, but has a noticeable release and fires hard... If that makes sense. I just tried to gravity flip it and couldn't get it to release. Same when I gave it a vigorous shake.

Here’s my Elementum next to my Drop Gent. The CIVIVI is a little nicer in all ways.
19621FC2-72C4-4E12-8595-DFC3375101B5.jpeg

The detent is solid. It’s CIVIVI, they are very consistent on flipper action and detent on all models. You’ll throw the knife across the room before you shake the blade out.

Here’s my Elementum next to my Drop Gent. The CIVIVI is a little nicer in all ways.
View attachment 1520377

The detent is solid. It’s CIVIVI, they are very consistent on flipper action and detent on all models. You’ll throw the knife across the room before you shake the blade out.

I agree with everything you've said except I have them ranked the other way around, with the Drop Gent being a little nicer than my Elementum, lol. The S35VN version of the Elementum goes for $80 and the S35VN Drop Gent normally goes for $100, but can also often be purchased for $80. The Gent gives you a frame lock (which I prefer) instead of a liner lock, but that's pretty subjective. The Drop has more of a full-flat grind, which I prefer... But that's also subjective. The Elementum has the better pocket clip imo. The action and ergonomics are about equal to me. I give the Gent the nod mainly because of the titanium frame.

Back