Civivi incite

Got mine today. Good looking knife. Solid ergos. Smooth action. Excellent fit and finish. Sterile blade. The knife has Chinese Damascus (High Carbon Damascus based on 9Cr18 in its core - not to be confused with more expensive "stainless Damascus" such as the ones from Chad Nichols) and an attractive resin based handle. I am not sure about the durability of handle material … for me its a "show knife" anyway. At under $100, I think its a steal.

Last edited:
Well ive held out long enough. Only found the gold version in stock at one online dealer but excited its on the way! Always been happy with Civivis and this one looks awesome after seeing all the pics and vids here. Enablers lol!

IMG_3262.JPG IMG_3258.JPG Pretty impressive! Comfortable in hand, with great action, centering, and solid lockup with decent lockbar access. A real beauty! I had concerns with the resin scales being slick but its not bad and the grip locks the hand in with the finger guard and the contouring fills the hand nicely. All T8 hardware besides the clip which has recessed screws. Civivi really outdid theirselves with this one. If your on the fence definitely get one!

Thread convinced me. Ordered one with gold flake just now. Was going back and forth between copper and gold for an hour.

I found that mine didn't function quite like other Civivi's I've owned. Deployed it a few times (more like 100+) ;) & then it was time for a break down. Noticed Civivi polished the detent ball travel path on the tang. Nice. Cleaned & greased the bearings. They were dirty. I like grease on SS bearings, but oil on ceramic. Also, I cut & polished a small detent ramp on the tang. After assembly, boy does this thing run. Oh it's Civivi level operating now. Smooth as silk & I can lazy light switch w/ full deployment. Real nice. :thumbsup:

Side note: If you do disassemble this one, hold the scales up to a light source, it's amusing. :p
Ha I know you made this post at the beginning of the year, but what happens if you hold the scales up to the light?

I have the standard incite in blue/black g10/cf. The shred cf/Damascus looks nice but is too much for me. I think the Incite is a pretty sweet knife though! Civivi makes some great stuff.

I despise all you guys! Kidding!!! Dang Fellas I am trying my utmost not to buy but after reading and watching this piece I caved.... (-: This blade is stupid sick for the money, and a very usable piece.
All I can say is Shame on me.... On order:)

Wow! This blade is amazing in quality and finish. To myself owning several WE and Several Civivi blades now. Other than some materials there is little difference in these two lines. The value of the Civivi line IMHO is amazing. No disrespect to anyone reading this but: This blade in damascus For $87.04 is as smooth, has better finish, better packaging than most higher end folders I have owned. As mentioned damascus may not equal higher end folders but does have a nice edge.... some use will tell the story but I suspect it will perform fine for duites it was purchased for! IMG_3158.JPG

Last edited:
Back