CIVIVI Knife "IMPERIUM"

Dergyll

Gold Member
Didnt hear anything about this beauty!!!! Whatsup with that WE? :rolleyes:;)
CIVIVI-Imperium-LL-Shredded-CF-Copper-Black-BHQ-123529-jr-thumb.jpg
Totally under the radar...
Edit: it's a front flipper with studs!
Edit2: the non-Damascus version is using Nitro-V!

I will get one fo sho

Last edited:
I feel like you're burying the lede a little here. It's definitely cool that it's a front flipper with studs, but apparently it's also using Nitro-V as the blade steel.

Didnt hear anything about this beauty!!!! Whatsup with that WE? :rolleyes:;)
View attachment 1537501
Totally under the radar...
Edit: it's a front flipper with studs!
Edit2: the non-Damascus version is using Nitro-V!

I will get one fo sho

No one will be getting the Imperium as there was a problem with it and WE KNIFE have pulled it from sale. No idea when or if it will return.

Really? I see them as coming soon on multiple dealer sites now...

Too bad if its true

Really? I see them as coming soon on multiple dealer sites now...

Too bad if its true

Ah sorry - it only applies to the C2017B dark brown Micarta model and all the other Imperiums are okay. I read that a bit too fast....

The purpose of this email is to inform you that we have discovered that our recent announcement of Civivi C2107B – Imperium knife may contain product that does not meet our manufacturing standards.

* This SKU is not suitable to be sold and we will remove this model from your current invoice.

The Civivi C2107B – Imperium is the only model that is affected and any other knives of your new order are good to go.

* We do not know when the Civivi C2107B – Imperium may be ready for distribution again and suggest that you remove this SKU from the "coming soon" section of your website.

Ah sorry - it only applies to the C2017B dark brown Micarta model and all the other Imperiums are okay.

From all of my dealings with WE/Civivi, both as a customer and as a member of their design team, I have always known the company to be VERY serious about producing and delivering products with the highest level of quality design, materials & workmanship.

Apparently, there was a material issue with this one SKU, but they caught it & took steps to make sure it didn't reach their customers.

If there was a problem, they would most certainly take care of it and make it right.

Happy to see some excitement about this new release! We did not have samples ready to show when we first announced the first half of our 2021 lineup so it missed those videos.

Regarding the email mentioned by True Talon True Talon , it is definitely in production and should be available to purchase at dealers sometime in May. We found in our QC that there was an unstable batch of Micarta in the one specific color. This SKU has been removed from dealer orders and will not be available for sale. All other SKUs are good to go!

We are extremely proud of our QC team for identifying this problem before any product shipped as it is only apparent with changes in humidity and temperature. With WE's dedicated team and commitment to quality you can always purchase with confidence. We will have a video up on the Civivi YouTube channel around the end of April to give you a close look at the details.

Sounds good, looks like I jumped the gun a little; thanks for the info!

As long as that CF one doesnt get pulled :p

We found in our QC that there was an unstable batch of Micarta in the one specific color. This SKU has been removed from dealer orders and will not be available for sale.

Is it possible that brown micarta will be run in the future, or is that version just being removed entirely? (It's the one I liked best. :D)

Great-looking knife all around, and I'm impressed with the QC process and WE's willingness to pull a SKU like this. :thumbsup:

I would love the other micarta with the nitro v (sans damascus), without having to buy 2 and swap scales.

How do you like it so far?
I have one on the way and this will be my first front flipper so I am not sure how I will get on with it.

I was initially going to order one of the carbon fiber scale ones but they didn’t offer the reversible pocket clip so I went with the jade G10 and your knife does look pretty sharp.
Also the G10 version has Nitro V steel and I am curious how that will be in use.
The Civivi Damascus does look very good though.

The Damascus one just for looks, I think NitroV, S35VN will outperform it. NitroV is similar to AEB-L and is very tough and stainless, mediocre (I would say D2-ish or little less) edge retention.

Civivi front flippers are easily one of the smoothest front flippers, and the imperium is like a 9.5/10 smooth with either the stud or ff. It's even smoother than my Exarch (probably due to heavier blade) and puts the Peña FFT to shame.

Hope you enjoy! Let us know how you like it.

From what I read their Damascus is 9cr and so far I only have a Sencut Scepter in that steel and it has impressed me so far.

It feels good on the sharpening stones and has held up well at work.
I really have only heard good things about Civivi so I figured I would check them out.

It is great to hear that your Imperium has such nice action Dergyll Dergyll and it is nice that it has thumb studs also.

66206342-9A84-4338-966B-D134677B10B3.jpeg
My Imperium in Nitro V came in today.
This really is a super quality knife.

The fit and finish is excellent and the detent is right on the money.
I love how it is very thin behind the edge and the edge grind looks pretty even to me.

Once I sharpen it I will be able to tell if it is actually even on both sides but so far it looks nice.
I imagine the Nitro V should sharpen up nicely from what I have read about it.

I’ve only messed with it for a short amount of time and have yet to master the front flipper.
Think I need to switch the pocket clip as I am a lefty and I am finding it hard to grip as I hit the tab.
The thumb studs do work great though.

All in all my initial impressions are that this is a winner.

Back