Civivi McKenna Damascus?

Does anybody know if there's any plans for another release of the Damascus model of the Mckenna? I have the D2 model which I'm very happy with but I'd like the Damascus model too. I've been searching for awhile and everybody has been out of stock. The only hope I've had in my search is Knife Center's pre-order option which I passed on because I have to pay up front and have no idea when I will receive it.

The original will come back but in the meantime there's a new model with a black stonewashed copper handle.

Date on the original says it's due back in August sometime.
Thanks for the info on both the date and the copper model. Unfortunately I've never been interested in copper knives because of the weight. It's nice to see Civivi is expanding on the variety of models for this knife though because it's currently my favorite Civivi, favorite front flipper and probably my favorite Isham design.

Thanks for the info on both the date and the copper model. Unfortunately I've never been interested in copper knives because of the weight. It's nice to see Civivi is expanding on the variety of models for this knife though because it's currently my favorite Civivi, favorite front flipper and probably my favorite Isham design.

No problem. You're correct about the weight issues with copper handles (brass too). Why anyone would carry one beats me unless it's for bragging rights or some other nonsense. Titanium, carbon fiber, micarta and G10 still rule when it comes to lightening the weight. Personally I have enough crap to carry already - I don't want to add more weight to it. But everyone is different....

The copper and brass models do look nice though. But not enough to pull me away from titanium and carbon fiber.

No problem. You're correct about the weight issues with copper handles (brass too). Why anyone would carry one beats me unless it's for bragging rights or some other nonsense. Titanium, carbon fiber, micarta and G10 still rule when it comes to lightening the weight. Personally I have enough crap to carry already - I don't want to add more weight to it. But everyone is different....

The copper and brass models do look nice though. But not enough to pull me away from titanium and carbon fiber.
I agree. I'm getting to the point where Titanium is out for me too because of the weight. I know it looks really nice but I'm just more of a carbon fiber guy. With that said, I really like how they kept the G-10 scales on the Civivi McKenna Damascus because from what I understand most Civivi knives with Damascus use Carbon Fiber over G-10 and if that's the case I'd rather have G-10.

Also, I just recently bought the BHQ exclusive Elementum with Carbon Fiber and all black hardware with the black stonewashed D2 blade and I really liked it initially but ended up selling it because even that was kind of slick. It was a really nice knife but I think the Micarta/S35VN is the way to go on the Elementum. I think a black G-10 with S35VN would be a big hit too and if they made that with a black stonewashed blade and all black hardware I'd be sold for $81. The only G-10 models that I saw with S35VN were the jade models though which I'm not a big fan of because I don't know how to dye and don't really care for the natural color.

Date on the original says it's due back in August sometime.
Hi Friend, it will hit our dealers around next week.
It is kindly suggested to sign up for an alert on the our dealers website to be notified once it is in stock.
Good luck!

Does anybody know if there's any plans for another release of the Damascus model of the Mckenna? I have the D2 model which I'm very happy with but I'd like the Damascus model too. I've been searching for awhile and everybody has been out of stock. The only hope I've had in my search is Knife Center's pre-order option which I passed on because I have to pay up front and have no idea when I will receive it.
We are just launching C905DS-2 and C905DS-3, the big difference is different finish on the Damascus blade, here is the link for details or visit our civivi website directly http://www.civivi.com/plus/search.php?q=C905DS . Thanks a lot for your support!

Back