Review Civivi Naja!

golden_dragon

Gold Member
I've been searching for a damasteel folder and I come across this Civivi Naja on BHQ. It looks nice and BHQ claims the blade was Damasteel. But but but, for Damasteel I want something made from powdered steel, instead of Chinese Damascus. They didn't say it till I found another listing for sale on different website. There is nothing wrong with Chinese Damascus but it has nothing to do with the famous powdered steel Damascus. I am not Buying from you BHQ!
upload_2019-4-19_11-40-16.png
upload_2019-4-19_12-55-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-19_11-40-53.png
    upload_2019-4-19_11-40-53.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I think the question is... Bhq is possibly advertising the blade as a name brand aka damasteel when it is Chinese sourced damascus and not the powdered steel variant called damasteel from Erasteel.

Cant speak for BladeHq but on the Civivi instagram they posted it as a new item and described the blade as Chinese Damascus.

I wouldn’t be so quick to badmouth BladeHQ. Although at the price it’s a little hard to expect it to be Damasteel, both WE Knives and BHQ have good reputations in the industry.

I’ve never heard of newbeeknife and you shouldn’t promote a non-supporting vendor.

As for nation of origin, WE regularly makes knives with S35VN and M390 imported to Asia. I believe Damasteel is a “TM” so the truth will be clear eventually.

I wouldn’t be so quick to badmouth BladeHQ. Although at the price it’s a little hard to expect it to be Damasteel, both WE Knives and BHQ have good reputations in the industry.

I’ve never heard of newbeeknife and you shouldn’t promote a non-supporting vendor.

As for nation of origin, WE regularly makes knives with S35VN and M390 imported to Asia. I believe Damasteel is a “TM” so the truth will be clear eventually.
BladeHQ BladeHQ

Can we get an investigation into this matter please.

Particularly one who so strongly promotes notorious counterfeiter Kevin John.

It appears that Damasteel is "pricey" according to the folks who know here. So expecting to get that for about $75 US is unreasonable.

Only BladeHQ can speak to the use of "Damasteel" on their web page.

And it still seems this should be in GBU.

Let's not attribute malice to something to what could easily be simple error; after all, it's more likely that someone mixed up damascus steel and the trademarked name damasteel, or something similar, than that a reputable dealer is trying to swindle anyone.

Guy on the spyderco forum notified blade HQ and they have or are changing the description. It was an error.

Yeah, I too almost fell for the BladeHQ mix-up - I've been wanting to get a cheap Damasteel blade for some comparison testing against RWL-34. Only thing that stopped me is that the pattern looked quite muddy compared to what Damasteel usually puts out, and after checking, every other site lists it as just generic Damascus, or Chinese Damascus.

I'm sure it was a mix-up on their part, but hopefully they notify people who ordered it before they fixed the listing.

Once again, simple human error proves to be a greater force than malice.

I, for one, am glad we’ve got Scooby Doo and the Gang keeping the really bad guys off the streets.

Last edited:
Good Job gang :D
APIXFil.jpg

We apologize for this mistake on our end. Looking into this it looks like we did accidentally label this as a Damasteel knife. This has been changed on our site to read Damascus on the blade steel. Once again we are sorry for this mistake and confusion.

Joseph M

Knife looks too bulky for me,but I hear civivis are good. I've got one in the mail actually, a Plethiros. Looked interesting, well see how it goes.

Back