Photos CK Edition LionSteel Bolus Clip point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks sir it was tricky to emboss that
G2

Thanks Gary, besides my family, my two great passions in my life are knives and photography, it's great to be able to put them together like that.
G2
Those are two of my passions as well.
You post wonderful photos. I'm thinking I need to up my game.
I use my phone for ease of uploading and posting but the quantity is lacking.
Do you use a phone or a camera?

Thanks most all the time I’ll use my iPhone SE which has a 12meg camera
G2

That should work well I would think, especially in low light where mine isn't as good. I'd recommend getting the Lightroom App for you phone, there is a free version but you can do quite a bit with it.

The one shot of the knife and bead in colour while the rest is black and white was edited in Adobe elements using layers, ya have two identical layers at first, then change one to black and white, and then 'erase' away those bits you want the bottom colour layer to show through, makes for a striking image.

a couple more images from today;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Last edited:
That should work well I would think, especially in low light where mine isn't as good. I'd recommend getting the Lightroom App for you phone, there is a free version but you can do quite a bit with it.

The one shot of the knife and bead in colour while the rest is black and white was edited in Adobe elements using layers, ya have two identical layers at first, then change one to black and white, and then 'erase' away those bits you want the bottom colour layer to show through, makes for a striking image.

a couple more images from today;

G2
Thanks for the tip (just seeing your post now).
I'll look into Lightroom
great pics you have there, Sir :thumbsup:
ThAnks again :)

Is there room for a drop point :). I asked Mike @ CK knives to give me some "barky stag" I think he delivered :thumbsup:.
cKGrnIP.jpg

I ordered a Bolus Drop Point Jack in Rams Horn this morning from Mike. A little over a week ago I picked up a Shuffler in CF. It was a very nice knife but I found myself longing for a CK02 in Rams horn. I reached out to Mike and he was very kind to accept my return of the Shuffler. In its place I was hoping to get either the Otnat or the Bolus. Since the Otnat's in ram were gone my decision was little less hard. After playing with the drop down for shade preference on the Bolus page trying to decide what shade of Ram I preferred, I finally just added a knife to the cart and checked out. After seeing all the amazing knives Mike has picked out for everyone I just couldn't resist the rams horn any longer. I followed my order up with a call to Mike and expressed that I didn't really care about shade all that much and just asked him to pick out a nice one for me. Mike said he would and I can't wait to post up the results next week!

Inspired by Gary, I ordered a stag Bolus. I went drop point to get something a little different after buying too many #14 clips this fall.

Great knife, but I’m still undecided on the placement of the nail knick. Part of me wants to get used to it, and part of me wants a horn with clip point. What do you think?

TSp98qa.jpg

7TQWSTZ.jpg

Inspired by Gary, I ordered a stag Bolus. I went drop point to get something a little different after buying too many #14 clips this fall.

Great knife, but I’m still undecided on the placement of the nail knick. Part of me wants to get used to it, and part of me wants a horn with clip point. What do you think?

TSp98qa.jpg

7TQWSTZ.jpg

It's a beauty! Really a nice specimen.

I do wish the nail nick in these was a bit further towards the tip of the blade. I'm not certain how that would affect the overall ascetics of the knife but with a pull of between 6-7 the nick being that close to the pivot seems like it might make it a tad tough to open with a nail. All in all these are great looking knives and I'm thankful Mike is helping us knife nuts scratch that itch. If I end up enjoying my rams horn as much as I anticipate, I will likely be ordering a stag as well (if they are still around). You and Gary's examples are really beautiful and making me weak. ;)

Almost looks like the clip point blade has the nail nick slightly further past the center point of the handle than the drop point, but without having two on hand to measure that makes it hard to judge.
Not quite 5mm from the center swell to the end of the nail nick on this one;

The pull isn't so strong as to make it a nail breaker but if it were much stronger, I think some would have issue with it's placement.

CasePeanut CasePeanut that is a nice knife btw !
G2

It's a beauty! Really a nice specimen.

I do wish the nail nick in these was a bit further towards the tip of the blade. I'm not certain how that would affect the overall ascetics of the knife but with a pull of between 6-7 the nick being that close to the pivot seems like it might make it a tad tough to open with a nail. All in all these are great looking knives and I'm thankful Mike is helping us knife nuts scratch that itch. If I end up enjoying my rams horn as much as I anticipate, I will likely be ordering a stag as well (if they are still around). You and Gary's examples are really beautiful and making me weak. ;)

I agree the nail nick is a little too far back and is right on the hump of the handle which makes it a little awkward when opening. I have a clip rams horn that should be delivered today I hope the nick is a placed a little better like Gary's example. I will post pics later today of the rams horn. :) Other than that I really love this knife, my stag is pretty thick so it really fills the hand nicely and as much as I like 1095 steel its nice to have a stainless super steel on this one :thumbsup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back