Clan of the Classic

After watching the growth of the "Cult of the Peanut", perhaps it's time to give some kudos to the SAK Classic. Although I love the two peanuts I have, there's just something versatile about the SAK Classic. I'll go first…

uz9z8ram.jpg

Since I'm still relatively new to the forum, just let me know if this has been done already!

Thanks!

I love my Classic! It goes on every fishing trip with me. The little guy fits so perfectly in an Altoid tin with my hooks, sinkers, and flies. I am a strong and unapologetic member of the Clan!

My only complaint about the Classic is the smaller blade. Maybe a watch pocket pair of a Classic and a Peanut?

pH9uIKFm.jpg

Should take care of most daily cutting tasks!

Count me in. I love my little classic as much as I loved my Case peanut. Only difference is, with the lobster pattern and V shaped springs, my arthritic fingers can still deal with the classic. Keep it on my keying, so I can't leave home without it!
10037376036_c03c1037af_c.jpg

I love my Classic, carry it everyday on my keyring. No matter what else I am carrying I always have it wth me. If I lost it today, I would buy a new one tomorrow. I would proudly call myself a member of the clan.

Jim

Svord_Mini_EDC.jpg

Some people like to talk about what the Classic lacks... I get use out of every tool. I just figured out the SD is shaped to be a "flat Phillips" as well. The Classic complements any other knife I carry very well. For me, it's awesome!

Victorinox_Bantam_Classic.jpg

SAKopen2.jpg

I like those little sheaths. Do they fit on a key ring? Where did you get them?

Jim

Ya, they do. They originally have a metal ring running through the top but I removed mine. They were on cutlery shoppe but they ran out. Last few I got were off ebay from central valley wholesale, but it seems they changed the design a tad in the opening size.

Thanks. I might just do a litte fishing on the bay and see if I can catch one.
Jim

I have had the little one on my key ring for over 20 years. Simple, always available, dependable, I could go on forever. Probably the most appropriate term - Indispensable.

Ya know, this could be that start of something big!;)

A cult of the most produced and sold pocket knife on earth. Why, it could lead to world domination!:eek:

:D

Sad to say, but im an ex-Classic Clan member. Carried a classic for at least 15 years until just a few months ago actually, when I was Macgyvering something in a hotel room and really needed pliers. Found the leatherman squirt PS4 and that has replaced it. The little bit of extra bulk is worth it in my opinion. Don't carry it on the keyring like the classic though... it sits in my pocket underneath where my keys go.

Thanks for all the feedback…looks like we've got ourselves a clan! I realize there maybe some Micra/Squirt fans out there. I've used both…the scissors on the Micra is more robust than the scissors on the Classic, and the Squirt has a pliers.

The Classic, though, is…well… classic. It gives me a small blade (which is still my only complaint), a scissors to trim anything from stray whiskers to zip-ties, and a toothpick for that damn gap between two of my teeth. Best of all…it disappears so well in the pocket. As much as I love pocket knives, I hate things floating freely in my pockets! The Classic is not even noticeable in my watch pocket.

I'm in. I have a classic on both my personal and work keys. They are perfect for on the spot, last minute personal grooming, and they lay in wait of odd task that I lack more proper tools to repair. I will say that pocket carry I prefer the executive for the larger blade and different features. All said though I never leave without at least one set of keys, so I always have a classic on me.

I've been using the Leatherman alongside the classic for a few months now, in an extended test. The micra was gifted to me by a fellow member pinnah as a comparison to the classic. We'd had some disagreements, so I decided to give the small Leatherman a shot. I have to admit that the Leatherman is more ruggedly built, but for most use, the classic is good enough, and the classic is just sooo much more refined feeling. The Leatherman stuff is a bit industrial feeling, and lacks the smoothness of the Victorinox products. And the classic is more a keyring tool, were as the Leatherman is more a pocket tool.

I'd rather be in a Victorinox cult than a Leatherman cult.

15942467949_e227b2eeae_c.jpg

15413275404_5712868844_c.jpg

Almost as much blade on the classic. In real world use, it opens mail, UPS boxes, and cuts twine just as well as the Leatherman. But is a more compact tool.
16035547615_ac1aaaf644_c.jpg

I have a Stay Glow classic SD that I like just as much as my Swiss Champ, it glows also...
The nail cleaner is just the right size, the Swiss Champ is more heavy duty

DSC01056.jpg

I have three classics. One in the wallet, one on the car keys and one on my desk, where it competes with a rambler for pocket duty. ;)
One of my classics was actually bought in Switzerland. My aunt bought it for me when she was on holiday over there, declared it and bought it back. course that was when air travel was much more knife friendly. It still remains one of my most precious little blades, always on my keys, always ready for any task.
James.

The classic Classic has a lot of class and is a real classic. Most importantly, it can be used effectively whenever needed to open packets of soy sauce, mayonnaise and other condiments at any fast food outlet without causing distress - although it needs to be cleaned frequently to remove the sticky residue that prevents the scissors from operating smoothly. Of course, I still carry my Victorinox Spartan on my belt in a nylon sheath - in case the French ambassador needs help opening vintage wine at a state dinner. :D:D:cool:

Last edited:
Back