Clan of the Copperlock & Mini Copperlock

Wait, whaaaat!!?? CV copperlocks?! Where have I been? Where have THOSE been?? Just last year I traded out a beautiful smooth antique amber bone mini, all because I wasn't feeling the stainless. Now that I appreciate a single clip on a thin frame, and I find out there are CVs to be had, the game's afoot!! So many nice bone cover variations in the copperlocks...

Edit to add: The mini CL I traded away had nice threaded bolsters and endcaps, and a sweet bomb shield. Did I mention that it was beautiful??

Last edited:
Nice. I have an amber mini-Copperlock on the road somewhere between me and SMKW. Hopefully, it'll be here Wed or Thu. That'll be my first. I had a Copperhead years ago and sold it. That's one of the few knives I've ever regretted selling. If I like the mini, I'll likely get a full-sized one for company.

Be sure to let us know what you think!

My mini copperlock was my first Case. I wanted a nice pocket knife for my 50th birthday and that's when the addiction began. Not only did I buy the mini copperlock, but I ended up ordering a barlow, a sowbelly and a medium stockman that my daughter has already taken over. I would post a pic but I can't remember my imgur password. The copperlock is a beautiful design and a perfect size for the pocket. I'm trying hard to keep from accumulating knives. All I want to posses are the copperlock for the days when I only need something light duty and the Sowbelly for when I'm doing heavy duty work around the farm.

Last edited:
You can count me in.

v5U1v4rh.jpg

TbSprODh.jpg

Buzzbait Buzzbait that causes my envy every time you post it! It is my favorite mini that I've ever seen.

The mini is in my rotation and has seen even more pocket time now that SE Texas summer is in full swing.
full

I was down to two choices on my last Mini Copperlock and that was one of them. I have those scales on a Med Stockman and love them! I only chose a smooth antique bone model because I already had an example of those scales and wanted to try something different. :)

I am not familiar with this, just started my interest in traditional knives about 6 months ago. Any more info would be appreciated.

In 2004, Case got permission to use the Cattaraugus name to produce a limited run of a handful of different patterns in celebration of their 100th anniversary. There were only 250 made for each pattern and they all had the same "Case old red bone" handles and ATS-34 blades I believe. They also had nickel silver liners, bolsters, and arrowhead shields with the Cattaraugus Cutlery Co (CCCo) stamping. Cattaraugus Indian head tang stamp, fancy wooden arrowhead display box, with red Cattaraugus cardboard outer box. A lot of pageantry for each individual knife if you ask me...but they didn't. I've had one of the trappers, and now this copperlock. Each felt really well made with good attention to detail.

In 2004, Case got permission to use the Cattaraugus name to produce a limited run of a handful of different patterns in celebration of their 100th anniversary. There were only 250 made for each pattern and they all had the same "Case old red bone" handles and ATS-34 blades I believe. They also had nickel silver liners, bolsters, and arrowhead shields with the Cattaraugus Cutlery Co (CCCo) stamping. Cattaraugus Indian head tang stamp, fancy wooden arrowhead display box, with red Cattaraugus cardboard outer box. A lot of pageantry for each individual knife if you ask me...but they didn't. I've had one of the trappers, and now this copperlock. Each felt really well made with good attention to detail.
Thanks for the info navaja! So aside from yours there are 249 more of these out there...the game is afoot!

Probably my favorite traditional pattern. As much as I like trappers and stockmans, the simplicity and well-roundedness of a single clip point blade with a sturdy back lock is hard to beat. And as silly as it sounds, not having the added stress of having to chose which blade for the task is huge for me.

y9KgxZk.jpg

Back