1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Clan of the Copperlock & Mini Copperlock

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by stevekolt, Jun 4, 2019.

1. stevekolt

stevekolt KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2007
    Love that green! I think my next Mini Copperlock will be a Bermuda Green...

sailfish likes this.
  2. Jambon

Jambon Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 1, 2017
    [​IMG] Pocket perfection.

RDaneel, OklaMoose, cjtamu and 12 others like this.
  3. stevekolt

stevekolt KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2007
    Very nice. Who made the sheath?

4. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Case does Bermuda Green so well!

stevekolt likes this.
  5. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    These two arrived today...
    20190606_181657.jpg 20190606_181720.jpg
    The amber bone mini came from SMKW. Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday, arrived on Thursday. Well done SMKW! It will definitely go into my rotation. I had them cherry pick a centered blade and it happened to come with perfectly even bevel grinds on both sides as well. A few strokes on my Sharpmaker and a few passes on a bare leather strop and it's shaving sharp all along the edge. The large blue is more of a collector because of the color pattern. I found it over in Athens at an outdoor store there. I'll probably add a Trapper and a Barlow to make a threesome in navy blue jigged bone. I will also be adding a large amber bone Copperlock as soon as I can get back on SMKW's web site... about 15 minutes from now :D.

The Copperlocks will likely be my second favorite pattern and I'll add more of them. At this point, I just don't see anything replacing Trappers as my favorite because I like the spey blade so much and I like having two blades. But time will tell. I may get so fond of the large amber bone Copperlock that it becomes my first choice for daily carry. I like the profile and width of the Copperlock clip blade a little better than the Trapper's clip blade, but I find a lot of uses for the spey on the Trapper and I'm not ready to give that up. I also noticed that on both of my Copperlocks, the pull is lighter than on the Trappers. That's probably neither here nor there as far as usefulness and dependability go... I'm just used to a slightly harder pull from the Trappers and I like it that way.

But the looks of that mini are growin' on me real quick. I gotta get back on to SMKW and get that large one ordered.

UPDATE: Large amber bone Copperlocks aren't available... at least not right now. Maybe later. In fact, looking through the 2019 product guide, I don't see any one cover pattern that has both sizes in it.

Hm-m-m-m... the hunt begins...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Dschal, RDaneel, chuck4570 and 4 others like this.
  6. Jambon

Jambon Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 1, 2017
    It is made by "Carry all". I don't know much about them. Purchased through Heinnie Haynes.

7. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Ok I'll play. One big green ss and one small dark red :rolleyes: cv.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I really like these. I got the mini first and liked it so much I bought the big one. The mini in particular is so small and light its perfect for pocket carry.

Dschal, RDaneel, chuck4570 and 3 others like this.
  8. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Nice pair mb! Totally agree about the mini being pocket carry perfection.

mbkr likes this.
  9. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I thought I had posted these a few days ago... must not have clicked Post Reply (again)
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, .577NE, mbkr and 7 others like this.
  10. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Nice!

mbkr likes this.
  11. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    This Stag is kind of bulbous, snake swallowed a meal look when looked from the top:D, but I like it very much as a worker/beater. The swell feels excellent in the hand and Stag is tougher than bone in terms of knocks. Having a sunk or rather, concealed joint is a noticeable asset in your pocket. Good sized blade and although certain people like to look down on CASE stainless- not premium not good enough bla bla I'd have to ask, not good enough for what exactly? What are the tasks that these people expect from a pocket-knife?:rolleyes:;) It sharpens very keenly and retains its edge long enough for my needs, plus it's an affordable option. I'd agree with @Chief that the build isn't too finesse orientated, but it's strong:thumbsup:

I have a Mini in Amber and Redbone but no pix a full-size in a rather bizarre Rattlesnake bone.:eek:

Been talk of cv versions here, how about the Wharncliffe version? and, have there been Micarta? This is a pattern that cries out for it in my view:cool:

[​IMG]

Buzzbait, peanutsxx, Dschal and 12 others like this.
  12. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Got a special mail call today :) Ron @Half/Stop sent both of these to me as a gift. I am humbled and thankful :):thumbsup:
    Coin_Traditional_09.jpg

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m glad they arrived safely Darren! I hope it serves you well my friend! :thumbsup: :)

14. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    That certainly was a special mail call, congrats!

Half/Stop likes this.
  15. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    image.jpg Here is one of mine that I carry

Dschal, RDaneel, OklaMoose and 5 others like this.
  16. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Mismatched pair
    I knew I had another mini...but was totally wrong on the covers, so I wasn't finding it.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Magizm7, Dschal and 10 others like this.
  17. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    I like the yellow:thumbsup: What a nice gift :thumbsup:

chuck4570 likes this.
  18. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    My Copperlock in CV is a very pointy laser !! Not many Wharncliffe copperlocks pictured in the thread so far....So.....

[​IMG]

chuck4570, peanutsxx, Magizm7 and 8 others like this.
  19. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    @Will Power I just went back and read your post. Ha! I got you covered with Both CV & Wharnie. Also in looking at this thread I have noticed how few Wharnie have Long pulls.

Will Power likes this.
  20. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Nice Wharnie!

hamsco likes this.