Classic 110 ebony with upgraded S30V blade - Web Exclusive

looks good. hope its a tight and sharp example for ya.;)
It is sharp, (does Buck know how produce a dull blade?) , possesses no blade wigglies, and the blade looks to be centered to within a very small fraction of a Millie Meter. :D
I can't see any gaps between bolsters or liners to covers. (I'm not going to buy or borrow a magnifying glass, Jeweler's Lupe, or an electron microscope to look closer.)
I'm very happy with it. :D
It will probably stay on my belt until at least January or February, 2021. I'm pretty sure my other 110's whining and crying because they don't get out, will probably get on my nerves by then.

I was going to post some pics... But it's pretty indistinguishable from Buck's standard 110 (other than the laser inscription in lieu of a stamp), so I decided to be lazy today instead lol.

Great knife that's going to get a lot of use! I was comparing the grind on mine to all the other Buck's I own, and this is by far the best (most consistent and even). Whoever did the grinding, did a phenomenal job. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my 420HC 110 because I don't see it getting any use anymore.

I received my knife yesterday. It will be put in the rotation for my EDC. I love the S30v steel blade. I do have a small gripe though. I received knife full of finger prints, smudges and possibly polishing compound on blade. It did wipe off easily but somebody who packaged this knife does not take any pride in their job. That kind of hurts me because I love the Buck brand.

I was going to post some pics... But it's pretty indistinguishable from Buck's standard 110 (other than the laser inscription in lieu of a stamp), so I decided to be lazy today instead lol.

Great knife that's going to get a lot of use! I was comparing the grind on mine to all the other Buck's I own, and this is by far the best (most consistent and even). Whoever did the grinding, did a phenomenal job. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my 420HC 110 because I don't see it getting any use anymore.
I’m the same way. Mostly I’ve relegated the 420hc 110s to the glove box in my vehicles as backup to my premium 110s in cpm154,s30v,S35vn, 20cv in clip and drop point mixed. If I happen to find myself in the boonies without one of them I still have a standard 110 420hc waiting to be used and I have no doubt they can handle it. I have knives stashed in various places around the house, vehicles, tackle boxes, toolbox anywhere I think I might chance to need a knife. Just in case.

I have a problem with the etching, they don't put a date code on them. So down the line you're not going to know the year it was made.....

I received mine yesterday... Other than the missing date code the knife came in perfect condition, no fingerprints, polishing compound, no grit when opening... The blade was perfectly centered....

I’m with you there! I much prefer a stamp over the etching and wish it was feasible with the steels that are run hard.

Beautiful knife. This combo should be the starting point. The upgraded steel as standard would elevate the model considerably with consumers. Not that 420 is bad, its actually good but when conversations about it come around Bucks version is on the defensive. S30V would stop the critics.
That's only because those knocking it have never tried it, and believe a knife has to have a "super steel" before it is useable for anything but opening more than one letter before it needs sharpened.

I couldn’t hold out any longer. These arrived a few days ago.
CR56dja.jpg

Back