Photos Classic Motorcycles and Traditional Knives

Thanks for this info. I’m going to try these on my Commando first.
Amal carb seals are prone to leaking.
Congrats Travman Travman on the awesome score! What a find!! Found this vintage bike on the side of the road a couple years back while chasing fall colors in rural AR. Stopped at AG Russell's store while in the area.

hogtail.jpg

hogtail1.jpg

hogtail2.jpg
I once saw Bugs Bunny riding one, with Dumbo on the pillion seat! (knife content : Dumbo was cleaning his teeth with a peanut) :eek:o_O:D

Even though I belonged to the Twin Cities Norton Owners for many years, I have never owned a Norton. Several Triumphs, a DBD34 Gold Star, a few Guzzis, a couple of Ducatis were enough to gain me entree. They tolerated a long string of BMWs, too, but without according any street cred.

I rode a 450 Desmo Scrambler once. It was tolerable on a vintage MX course, and not bad on desert two-track, but nothing I would take into tight single-track, and most certainly nothing I would want to tour on. I owned a 450 Desmo, too, for several years. It came to be in a basket, and left the same way, to a Swiss guy who shipped it back to the old country and sold it to a compatriot who then spent 20,000 Euros on a restoration. That was a pretty bike. I really have to tip my hat to anyone who would ride one anyplace that involved an overnight stay, though.

Jolipapa Jolipapa That's a cool classic wherever you decide to ride next. I'm sure it's a very special bike to you, having had it for so long. I've owned one of mine (a Honda) for 31 years and plan on riding it for a few more years. Enjoy the Norton and stay safe. -James

Jolipapa Jolipapa That's a cool classic wherever you decide to ride next. I'm sure it's a very special bike to you, having had it for so long. I've owned one of mine (a Honda) for 31 years and plan on riding it for a few more years. Enjoy the Norton and stay safe. -James
:thumbsup: I must be the conservative kind of guy, I only had four bikes in all my life, and still ride the two last I bought (whenever possible)! :) When things are well made, why change? I once had a tee with the writing : I remember the time when motorcycles were dangerous and sex without risk. :rolleyes::D

@HenriBeige I remember the single dukes, there sold lots of 350 desmos, most are on the tracks for vintage racing now. Great yellow bone shackers!
I was very amazed when my son announced me he bought a Mostro 750. He might as well have been disgusted by the many trips down to Savoy (650km) mostly under the rain! Now he rides a GT Duke.
Mostro-750.JPG

:thumbsup: I must be the conservative kind of guy, I only had four bikes in all my life, and still ride the two last I bought (whenever possible)! :) When things are well made, why change? I once had a tee with the writing : I remember the time when motorcycles were dangerous and sex without risk. :rolleyes::D

@HenriBeige I remember the single dukes, there sold lots of 350 desmos, most are on the tracks for vintage racing now. Great yellow bone shackers!
I was very amazed when my son announced me he bought a Mostro 750. He might as well have been disgusted by the many trips down to Savoy (650km) mostly under the rain! Now he rides a GT Duke.
View attachment 1015775
Very nice to see the yellow Monster. I rode a 2005 Monster 1000 for several years. I’ll probbaly have another some day.

K5Hz5Ll.jpg

I bought this aluminum tank at a vintage motorcycle show this past weekend. So I set it on the V7 Sport to see how it could look. I may polish it and use it. I’ll need a custom seat to go with it because this tank is about 4 inches longer than the stock tank.
9nvbuvy.jpg

4jNMDzf.jpg

K5Hz5Ll.jpg

I bought this aluminum tank at a vintage motorcycle show this past weekend. So I set it on the V7 Sport to see how it could look. I may polish it and use it. I’ll need a custom seat to go with it because this tank is about 4 inches longer than the stock tank.
9nvbuvy.jpg

4jNMDzf.jpg
I really like that 85 Travis . One of the nicest that I have seen pictures of . I also enjoy the pictures that you are showing of what you are doing with your cycles . Please keep showing them my friend .

Harry

I really like that 85 Travis . One of the nicest that I have seen pictures of . I also enjoy the pictures that you are showing of what you are doing with your cycles . Please keep showing them my friend .

Harry
Thanks Harry. We all have to find something to do with our time, especially in the winter.

This past weekend I had all three of these classics out for a spin. I used the jigged bone 66 to cut some new fuel lines. I try to replace the fuel lines every two years.
D1P7xaP.jpg

Norton Commando,BMW R60/5, and Moto Guzzi Ambassador.
gLxQNbI.jpg

68XSZHc.jpg

Last edited:
This past weekend I had all three of these classics out for a spin. I used the jigged bone 66 to cut some new fuel lines. I try to replace the fuel lines every two years.

Norton Commando,BMW R60/5, and Moto Guzzi Ambassador.
68XSZHc.jpg

Your Ambassador is exceptionally beautiful.

Back