Photos Classic Motorcycles and Traditional Knives

This past weekend I had all three of these classics out for a spin. I used the jigged bone 66 to cut some new fuel lines. I try to replace the fuel lines every two years.
D1P7xaP.jpg

Norton Commando,BMW R60/5, and Moto Guzzi Ambassador.
gLxQNbI.jpg

68XSZHc.jpg
Wow some beautiful Bikes !!!! :thumbsup:

This past weekend I had all three of these classics out for a spin. I used the jigged bone 66 to cut some new fuel lines. I try to replace the fuel lines every two years.
D1P7xaP.jpg

gLxQNbI.jpg

68XSZHc.jpg

Had 2 Nortons, a '69 roadster and a '71. I rebuilt the '71, did a complete resto on it. I lapped all the mating surfaces on the covers and got rid of all the leaks. rebuilding the motor was my final exam for my machinist apprenticeship. My instructor watched me work on that motor for a year, 5 nites a week, 4 hours during the week and 8 hours on Saturday.

I had access to a fully equipped machine shop with the state of the art equipment for the end of the 70s. The bike came out perfect, like a factory new 1971 Commando. I traded it for about a $1,000 worth of stuff. Talk about traders remorse, I still kick myself in the ass. some day ill get another one. Had a Trident and a Bonneville too, I as in the british mode back in the 70s.

Great choices Trav, I'm so jealous.

Last edited:
If a guy could only have three bikes, that wouldn’t be a bad three to have. Of course, you have that sweet V7 Sport waiting in the wings, too.

I can’t see what seat you have on the /5, but if you have a good one, you will probably put more miles on it than the other three put together.

D1P7xaP.jpg

gLxQNbI.jpg

68XSZHc.jpg
Could you please make a close-up of the LH shock abs lower axle I've got a problem with mine.;):). Spring is calling for outings!

If a guy could only have three bikes, that wouldn’t be a bad three to have. Of course, you have that sweet V7 Sport waiting in the wings, too.

I can’t see what seat you have on the /5, but if you have a good one, you will probably put more miles on it than the other three put together.
I would not bet on that. I have a 100RT beside the Commando and the later is amazingly comfy. Just the fairing give an edge to the beemer. :)

I would not bet on that. I have a 100RT beside the Commando and the later is amazingly comfy. Just the fairing give an edge to the beemer. :)

More comfy than an RT with a Corbin Seat? Or a QSL?
And how do you get the Norton to go 200,000 miles?
You judge a Norton’s comfort after riding it for a couple of hours. You judge a Beemer after you have been on the road for a couple of weeks.

More comfy than an RT with a Corbin Seat? Or a QSL?
And how do you get the Norton to go 200,000 miles?
You judge a Norton’s comfort after riding it for a couple of hours. You judge a Beemer after you have been on the road for a couple of weeks.
I was speaking standard seats, I just don't like the Corbin look (or the BM copy) and always keep my bikes as standard as possible, don't know why.
I said I had a rebuilt recently. I omitted to say the Commando clocked 240 000km before opening. Now I have to rebuilt the BM's gearbox, at 140 000km, that is also quite an achievement, most don't pass the 100 000km. May be I'm lucky on both!:)
I am certainly biased, but I feel I'm moving on the BM, riding the Norton.
And the pleasure to ride on Jura and Alps's twisty B roads when going home to see the family did not compare, the pace def not the same. Imho the torque contribute in a way to comfort. And there's lotta torque about Norton!:D
I know this is not everyone's point of view, and I respect all.:)

UK weather......... :confused: :(

Cleaned her up yesterday after a wet weekend's ride in Wales; sunny this morning - took her down to the dealership for new shoes ready for the next trip..........then it poured down. Gah...!! Decided not to wear a jacket, so riding home on the loan bike - soaked to the skin :oops:

Had the Vetrov Lannys Clip on me yesterday, so a couple pics...

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

hornetguy hornetguy - ha..! We even have the same 'tache and goatee

Travman Travman - apologies, as I'm guessing you may possibly not be too much of a Harley fan

Tibbets%20Corner%20Rbout_1.jpg
No apologies necessary. It is true that I do not own a Harley right now, but I did ride a Dynaglide as my main bike for 15 years. I’ll have another Harley someday. All motorcycles are welcome.

This is a great thread. Some really nice bikes and knives. I started riding in 1973. Here's my partner in crime:
mRqmWHg.jpg
When I rode this morning I carried this:
nJKobub.jpg
I carry different knives on the bike as the mood strikes. I often carry a Case Copperlock because its so flat it just rides well. I just picked up this Explorer recently and thought it needed to go for a ride.

The R100gS was one of BMW’s best offerings, the most desirable of airheads from a touring rider’s viewpoint. What river in the background?

The R100gS was one of BMW’s best offerings, the most desirable of airheads from a touring rider’s viewpoint. What river in the background?
That's the Osage River, outside Tuscumbia, Missouri.
I've had the beemer since '91. Other bikes have come and gone, but the BMW just keeps hanging around. I just sold a '76 Honda XL350, so for the first time in, well about 30 years, I'm down to one bike.
Here's a pic of the same bike in 1992 on the Cassier Highway in British Columbia.
EnRjmdW.jpg

I'd say about 2000, that's the only time I was home since moving to AK. Guy I sold it to laid it down on his test drive but I think he might still have it.

Back