Photos Classic Motorcycles and Traditional Knives

Yes got them directly from Burlen in january 2012, even if I ride less they are a valuable investment, be it only that now you have real idle at red lights. No more jet unscrewing on the motorway or leaking float! :)
My main issue is not being able to nail down the tuning. For example, if we think everything is fine and then the engine warms up some more then the idle is totally off. These Premier Amal carbs really weren’t very expensive, especially when compared to the amount of work I’ve put into tuning and kicking this bike over. And there was looseness in the slides of the original carbs.

Last edited:
Rest time. The carbs are installed and I’m ready to ride.

1972 BMW headlight
qLtdU1x.jpg

The white face on the speedo is a new one on me. I have only seen black faces on /5s.
I knew someone would notice the white dial. Obviously, that is not the stock dial which would be black face with white numbers. That was added when the speedo was rebuilt. I thought it added a little something classy.

Does it count if my knife was still in my watch pocket ;) Happy to see this thread pop up as old motorcycles and motorcycle history are a passion of mine. I take my little 1941 Indian Scout up to Wildwood, NJ each year to run with my buddies on the beach at what is called the Race of Gentlemen. I'm fat and slow, but I wouldn't miss losing for the world. I will get a proper photo with a knife on it before long to post up.

c3elWVJ.jpg
Awesome bike. I have a soft spot for older Indian Bikes. P.S. It does not matter how slow you are as long as you are having fun. I competed in Trials and rode for Montesa when I was in my late teens/early 20's. I sometimes look through my old pics. If i did that stuff now I'd probably kill myself. LOL

The jobs are never ending, but I’m not complaining. We are now doing a top end job on the Commando. We did find a gasket installed backwards and was blocking an oil passage.
wq4xLG5.jpg

Last edited:
The jobs are never ending, but I’m not complaining. We are now doing a top end job on the Commando. We did find a gasket installed backwards and was blocking an oil passage.
wq4xLG5.jpg

- great stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup: Had I the space, I'd likely get another Norton - my first and last was cough cough a few years ago, but I so loved 'the pull', the torque, on it.........let alone its nimbleness

Look forward to seeing more pics when you can :cool:

I sold my classic and then all my motorcycles. I have no one to ride with anymore. Sigh.

I like what you’re riding Travman Travman . If I get another bike it will something similar.

I do miss riding a motorcycle.

Be safe out there.

- great stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup: Had I the space, I'd likely get another Norton - my first and last was cough cough a few years ago, but I so loved 'the pull', the torque, on it.........let alone its nimbleness

Look forward to seeing more pics when you can :cool:
You got that one right Paul. The pull of the Norton 850 is awesome. It really feels strong (but not so fast that you are going to get in trouble like modern super bikes).

Coming back together smoothly. Cylinders and head are torqued down. Valves are adjusted...
NSxlNbx.jpg

Carbs are back on...
sUQrR65.jpg
Moderators: we really need a drool emoji. Or maybe an "I'm not worthy...":)
Back in the day I lusted after a Norton in the worst way. The only person I ever knew that had one was the next door neighbor's brother. The only thing I remember about it, was that she and her husband kept having to go rescue him from the wilds of northern Michigan after it blew up. Again. :eek:

Back