Climbed the Summit!

Thank you @Shappy!

Well I thought we'd end our little visual medley tour of leggings today. You probably understand why we use the generic term legging instead of chap or chink etc, there are just so many kinds. Probably also know more about these than you ever wanted too come to think of it.

Shoeing Chaps/Farrier Aprons:

I've made a few pair of these and repaired more. Usually made of a heavy pearl grey split, this leather is tough.

rl4mwqF.jpg

One of the problems with making leggings is ya always have a lot of left over. Never pieces big enough to make another pair but also too big to throw away. What to do with these pieces has been a concern. Over the years we've come up with several ideas and they have sold well for us.

Folding Knife Pouches or Buckaroo Pouches:

These hold a trapper sized traditional in your pocket. The thong back feeds onto your belt loop and drop it into your pocket. The pouch protects your knife and makes getting it out of your pocket easy, particularly while wearing leggings. Just pull on the thong and the pouch comes out, leave it hanging while you use your knife and then drop it back in the pouch and back in your pocket. We make and sell a lot of these. Made up 10 yesterday, had an order for a mini trapper/peanut size and so made up the other nine for stock.

f2T6618.jpg

Nichole's purses:

JJGfFk0.jpg

These two went to Belgium.

mf1ds0K.jpg

uZmxX60.jpg

Travel Bags:

VizsQfj.jpg

Christmas Stockings:

Made quite a few of these this year. Can't believe this is the only pic I got.

dSaWp9O.jpg

Well thats pretty much the ideas we've come up with to use the left over chap hides. Hope ya enjoyed our little tour of the legging world and as always questions and comments are welcome.

Hh0M2Ix.jpg

ZdNyfsm.jpg

OjuEPDY.jpg

w49TBa5.jpg

Y70hHtW.jpg

em6wRVU.jpg

7tNXjNc.jpg

Alyssa our daughter when she was about 8 or so. She's a 21 year old nursing student these days.

zoqXiM0.jpg

gCttmiT.jpg

ronBS7K.jpg

T3A1DuK.jpg

gQvgfQ8.jpg

Some of the family and the Wolf Pack. Nichole who helps me on almost every pair of leggings, myself, our daughter in law Katie and our son Logan.

AfNsqiQ.jpg

Dave, I forget, when did you say you were able to get some sleep?

You are one workin' dude man, very nice always a pleasure to catch your posts.

G2

Absolutely fantastic thread Dave, enjoyed every single pic and line of prose my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks my friends! pugs75 pugs75 Thanks for your service. Our other son, in the Army, just got home yesterday from a year in S Korea.

Thanks G2, so tend to keep busy. Put the bolsters on 57 knives yesterday, putting on the handles today. @Gary W. Graley

Thanks my friend Jack Black Jack Black

Last edited:
Thanks my friends! pugs75 pugs75 Thanks for your service. Our other son, in the Army, just got home yesterday from a year in S Korea.

Thanks G2, so tend to keep busy. Put the bolsters on 57 knives yesterday, putting on the handles today. @Gary W. Graley

Thanks my friend Jack Black Jack Black

Thank you and thank your son as well, my oldest son was in the Army, spent a few years in Hawaii, pretty sweet duty if ya ask me.

Really great thread !! Thank you very much for sharing and taking the time out to do it :)

Great work ! Wow you make so many different items ! That’s great

The group pic at end very nice like how you got the pups in there :)

Thanks pugs75 pugs75 ! He heads to Florida next. Not quite Hawaii but definitly better, especially for mom, than S Korea.

Thanks Amy, ANovinc ANovinc we do. A friend recently got a new girlfriend and after watching Nichole rope and ride she says I want to be Nichole.

Thanks duramax duramax . We had a party last night and the dogs showed up too. First my son Logan and his wife Katy Mac come and they have Spider with them. Then the neighbors from across the way come and they have Sophie. Then Salty and Lucia drive in and Keeper hops out of the truck. Stan and Janine arrive with Rambo and Kaylee. My daughter shows up with Lilly and we have Canella. My brother comes and he has Snickers. Some other friends outside of our cowboy world are amazed. they're saying wow all these dogs and no fighting, you guys need to run a puppy camp. They didn't see Rambo get all stiff necked at Spider and its just about on and then a red rope snakes out of no where and Logan had roped Rambo and choked him a little. Rambo with a little air depravation therapy was all better and not stiffed necked anymore.

Last edited:
“Horsewright”

Wow that’s a lot of pups running about :) Well there’s always bound to be a little trouble in a group that size. But that’s great all getting together like that :)
This is my guy Odin :) 9 months old
A2BB5E24-3A4D-48FC-BC3F-23F29E6EFAA8.png FF6D882B-7A03-40EE-902D-1236B76EA9F7.png

Back