Clip for Delica 4

So the only clips I’ve even bent was on my Delicas. Two of them.

I’m normally an OEM only clip user. But after the second bent clip I figured it wasn’t a coincidence.

So I looked online and I found only one that met my requirement of being the same length as the OEM clip. Because I wanted it to rest in the same place on the scales that are made for the clip.

When I say I only found one, I only found one with a picture of the clip on the knife. There were lots of clips, but not many shown on a Delica 4.

So here’s the clip I went with MXG Gear’s titanium clip.

bI5AkO5.jpg

This thing is built like a tank. It’s nice and thick and seems stiff enough to keep the knife in your pocket but not so stiff that it’s hard to get the knife in your pocket.

It looks good and feels good in your hand. I like the deep carry too. It makes the Delica disappear in your pocket. Normally a Delica stick up a little bit. And I never really cared for that. Now my Delica is more perfect.

If you’re looking for a new clip I recommend MXG Gear.

I have a few MXG clips but I dont do deep carry. Never saw the point in making it more annoying extracting the knife from the pocket.

I’m not sure I follow.

How is it more annoying to remove from your pocket with a deep carry clip? I haven’t noticed any change myself.

I stick my thumb in my pocket and pinch with my index finger to withdraw the knife.

Same as with the OEM clip.

I’m not sure I follow.

How is it more annoying to remove from your pocket with a deep carry clip? I haven’t noticed any change myself.

I stick my thumb in my pocket and pinch with my index finger to withdraw the knife.

Same as with the OEM clip.
Depending on the knife, there is (of course) less real estate to grab.
I just dont really get along with DC clips. Might just be me.

I have one of these clips on my Delica and I’ve been really happy with it so far too

I forget the name at the moment but I have a well regarded competitors clip(same basic design) on two of my Delicas and thought problem solved. Nope. Bent one of them a few months after getting it. For some reason some knives get caught all the time. My military, never had a problem but Delicas keep getting caught on stuff. I finally just took the clip off and pocket carry. Works fine that way and is a LOT more comfy to use. I hope you don’t have my problem.

I forget the name at the moment but I have a well regarded competitors clip(same basic design) on two of my Delicas and thought problem solved. Nope. Bent one of them a few months after getting it. For some reason some knives get caught all the time. My military, never had a problem but Delicas keep getting caught on stuff. I finally just took the clip off and pocket carry. Works fine that way and is a LOT more comfy to use. I hope you don’t have my problem.

Thanks.

The Delica is the only knife I’ve had trouble with. I have many Spydercos and Benchmades and have never bent any of those clips.

The Delica clip catches when I’m getting out of my truck. Twice.

On my black Delica I did what you did and just removed the clip. I do like carrying that one in basketball ball shorts.

But PayPal gave me $5 for some reason so I decided to buy this clip. I love it.

I wonder if your clip is a Lynch Northwest by Casey Lynch? They sell them on Blade HQ if you can catch them in stock.

Depending on the knife, there is (of course) less real estate to grab.
I just dont really get along with DC clips. Might just be me.
Nope not just you. I get by with both but do not seek out a deep carry.
My latest Delica I removed the clip and let it ride in right front or right rear pocket. I don't notice it in my pocket. The extra FRN traction area is interesting to have for now.
Even with a clip I've had pocket lint foul the lock at the tang notch on my Delicas and Tasmin. Very often I am a belt pouch knife carrying person. That seems to work the best for me over all. Some of my knives I just can't stand with a clip on them such as my Ti Lite IVs

That said that is a beautiful Ti clip ! ! !
I've found Ti Clips to be extra robust and less prone to get bent open further (hahaha even when I'm TRYING to open them up a little).

So the only clips I’ve even bent was on my Delicas. Two of them.

I’m normally an OEM only clip user. But after the second bent clip I figured it wasn’t a coincidence.

So I looked online and I found only one that met my requirement of being the same length as the OEM clip. Because I wanted it to rest in the same place on the scales that are made for the clip.

When I say I only found one, I only found one with a picture of the clip on the knife. There were lots of clips, but not many shown on a Delica 4.

So here’s the clip I went with MXG Gear’s titanium clip.

bI5AkO5.jpg

This thing is built like a tank. It’s nice and thick and seems stiff enough to keep the knife in your pocket but not so stiff that it’s hard to get the knife in your pocket.

It looks good and feels good in your hand. I like the deep carry too. It makes the Delica disappear in your pocket. Normally a Delica stick up a little bit. And I never really cared for that. Now my Delica is more perfect.

If you’re looking for a new clip I recommend MXG Gear.

I like MXG clips too, but prefer this model:

IMG-20190615-175432-288.jpg

That's on an Endura, but I have the same on my Delica. No hot spots, secures the knife in pocket well and it's easy to remove/replace the screws.

Same situation between the Milli and Delica for me. Although I now am convinced that the stock Delica is just perfect for me. More often than not I just throw it in my pocket and the clip is just for extra purchase when handling it.

Back