Cliphart in black 1084 and dyed micarta

daizee

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
If you research the apocryphal bushcraft legends, you learn that Kephart had a lesser-known brother. This brother had some unresolved anger issues. A Cain to Horace's Abel, if you will. Well, this brother couldn't leave a good thing alone, and while he could not argue with the sheer utility of his brother's famous, peaceful knife... well... some stories are better told in pictures... Meet the #Cliphart! Derived from my AuK4 model, this piece has exactly the same geometries as its classic sibling, including the tapered tang, extended ricasso and hidden lanyard hole, but with a somewhat sleeker nose. Wearing dyed BK-62 accessory scales from Ka-Bar:

IMG_20200501_091609-small.jpg

IMG_20200501_091639-small.jpg

IMG_20200501_091706-small.jpg

IMG_20200501_091656-small.jpg

Beautiful work. I’m surprised how graceful the clip looks on this. :thumbsup:

Very nice. Looks like that chick who was ugly in high school who got smokin’ hot overnight. :thumbsup:

I always wondered what a clipped Kephart would look like. It's about as pretty as I would suspect. I had a similar idea about getting a clip point on a Canadian belt knife design and the finer tip is fabulous in use, but the Cliphart is much prettier. Such a simple adjustment to a classic design with phenomenal results you have there.

Back