Close up pic of new edge grind?

I am interested in seeing a close up pic of the "asymetrical" grind on the new Battle Mistress. Does anyone have one? I appreciate it.

The asymmetrical edge is now on just about every knife that comes from Busse Combat...I'll see if I can get a close-up posted on the site that you can link to from my signature below.

Let me say for everyone's benefit who is unaware, that the asymmetrical edge is just that...THE EDGE. All Busse Combat knives are flat ground with complete symmetry and balance right to the edge bevel. Only then is the asymmetrical work done. That's why it's NOT like a chisel ground blade.
smile.gif

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/sharper.htm

[This message has been edited by Andy Prisco (edited 02-16-2000).]

The easiest way to see the difference is to turn the blade so the spine is facing the floor and look down the edge. You can see a convex / flat grind on the edge bevel right after the index finger cutout. A picture of this profile would be nice as this is a frequent question.

-Cliff

A little later this morning, a pic I just took should be uploaded to my temp HQ page, which all can access by clicking on the link in my signature below. It's a pic of a Basic #3 and does a fairly decent job of revealing what the asymmetrical edge looks like.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/sharper.htm

Thanks for the pic Andy. I wasn't sure what it looked like, and assumed it was a chisel grind. Looks good.

Back