CLOSED, Keffler-18 (K18) Sheath pre-order, group pricing offer

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
All,

I reached out to Jo and Nathan to see if I could offer a pre-order deal and they generously agreed to let me post it here in their forum, and further will be sending me a blank to start production on the sheaths with a goal of being able to ship sheaths at the same time the swords are shipping. My plan is to build all of the pre-orders as soon as I get the blank.

The initial 10 will be at a discount off my normal pricing, and I will offer price breaks the will kick in based on the number of people who sign up. To keep it simple I will be offering two sheath options in two different color combinations.

Sheath Options:

Both sheath options share the same sheath body, which will be my full perimeter stitched, wet molded sheath without a keeper strap. Option 1 will be a drop loop option that can be worn on a belt or connected to a Baldric, it will have my standard leg tie attachment point. Option 2 will be my pack sheath which is the same as option 1 with the drop loop deleted and replaced with lashing points around the perimeter of the sheath. These are great for those who will not carry it on their body, but can lashed to anything, packed or sling rigged.

Update: Option 3: If you would like both the drop loop option and the lashing points of the pack sheath I will make it available for an additional $25. See update under construction for details on how lashing points are finished.

Color Options:

Option A: Black leather with OD thread

Option B: Medium Brown leather with dark brown thread

Construction:

These sheaths will be made to the same standards as all of my work. They will be constructed from 10/12 oz American raised and tanned English Bridle leather, fully wet molded with dyed and polished edges, then finished in my proprietary fully soaked top coat.

Update: On my pack sheaths the lashing points whether round or oblong are fully died through the hole, chamfered then polished for a final finish equal to the rest of the sheath.

Pricing:

With a finished overall length of approximately 22" this will be among the largest sheaths I make. My normal price for a sheath this size is $230, group pricing is as follows:

8-10 orders: $195
11-20 orders: $180
21+ Orders: $165 - Current price

Shipping for all US Orders will be $15, International will be actual cost.

Terms:

• I will close this pre-order shortly after orders are closed for the K18.
  • No variations will be offered in the pre-order. Special requests welcome and will fall under normal production schedule and pricing.
  • I normally don't charge anything until the sheath is ready, but since this is a group buy where pricing is based on the number of orders a $25 good faith deposit is required to secure your place in line. Of course it will be applied toward your final balance.

Ordering:

Please post here that you are in, and how many you'd like if it's more than one. This allows others to follow where we are in pricing. Follow that up with an email to chad@pirtlemade.com with the following information.. Please no PM's or texts for this order.

Name:
BF Alias:
Address:
Sheath option:
Color Option:
$25 Deposit: Paypal to chad@pirtlemade.com

Here are some examples of the sheaths being offered, or as Nathan would say, here are examples of what you won't be getting.

You can see a lot more of my work in general in my Instagram feed HERE.

Drop Loop

DropLoop.jpg

Pack Sheath

Packer.jpg

Color Swatch (Medium Brown and Black being offered)

PopularSwatch.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask questions here so everyone can see the discussion or answers.

Last edited:
All,

Normally I would not purchase a knife (sword) with only 50-75 being made because the small percentage of that portion of buyers who would purchase a quality leather sheath is not enough to justify the purchase of the knife on it's own. When I was employed by someone else and doing this as a hobby it was different but now I have to be a grown up, and some months my expenditures on knives for fitting sheaths is more than my net sheath sales. (great business plan eh? ;) )

I reached out to Jo and Nathan to see if I could offer a pre-order deal and they generously agreed to let me post it here in their forum, and further will be sending me a blank to start production on the sheaths with a goal of being able to ship sheaths at the same time the swords are shipping. My plan is to build all of the pre-orders as soon as I get the blank.

If I can get 8 commitments to purchase a sheath it's enough to justify purchasing a K18. The initial 10 will be at a discount off my normal pricing, and I will offer price breaks the will kick in based on the number of people who sign up. To keep it simple I will be offering two sheath options in two different color combinations.

Sheath Options:

Both sheath options share the same sheath body, which will be my full perimeter stitched, wet molded sheath without a keeper strap. Option 1 will be a drop loop option that can be worn on a belt or connected to a Baldric, it will have my standard leg tie attachment point. Option 2 will be my pack sheath which is the same as option 1 with the drop loop deleted and replaced with lashing points around the perimeter of the sheath. These are great for those who will not carry it on their body, but can lashed to anything, packed or sling rigged.

Color Options:

Option A: Black leather with OD thread

Option B: Medium Brown leather with dark brown thread

Construction:

These sheaths will be made to the same standards as all of my work. They will be constructed from 10/12 oz American raised and tanned English Bridle leather, fully wet molded with dyed and polished edges, then finished in my proprietary fully soaked top coat.

Pricing:

With a finished overall length of approximately 22" this will be among the largest sheaths I make. My normal price for a sheath this size is $230, group pricing is as follows:

8-10 orders: $195
10-20 orders: $180
20+ Orders: $165

Shipping for all US Orders will be $15, International will be actual cost.

Terms:

• I will close this pre-order shortly after orders are closed for the K18.
  • No variations will be offered in the pre-order. Special requests welcome and will fall under normal production schedule and pricing.
  • I normally don't charge anything until the sheath is ready, but since this is a group buy where pricing is based on the number of orders a $25 good faith deposit is required to secure your place in line. Of course it will be applied toward your final balance.

Ordering:

Please post here that you are in, and how many you'd like if it's more than one. This allows others to follow where we are in pricing. Follow that up with an email to chad@pirtlemade.com with the following information.. Please no PM's or texts for this order.

Name:
BF Alias:
Address:
Sheath option:
Color Option:
$25 Deposit: Paypal to chad@pirtlemade.com

Here are some examples of the sheaths being offered, or as Nathan would say, here are examples of what you won't be getting.

You can see a lot more of my work in general in my Instagram feed HERE.

Drop Loop

View attachment 1148806

Pack Sheath

View attachment 1148807

Color Swatch (Medium Brown and Black being offered)

View attachment 1148810

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask questions here so everyone can see the discussion or answers.

Please put me down for one Chad.

I would like to update to Option 3: If you would like both the drop loop option and the lashing points, and Option A: Black leather with OD thread. cpirtle cpirtle

Last edited:
I'm in for one Chad.

EDIT:
Deposit sent for medium brown pack sheath. I'm going to need to get a sling for this beaut.

Last edited:
I'd like one!

EDIT: Deposit sent.

EDIT 2, 7/2/19: I'd like to switch to option 3 as well, with the drop loop carry + pack carry lashing holes.

Last edited:
I'll be in for 1 and thank you for offering this service.

ETA: Black with OD green piping/stitching and if you are willing to add some extras for carry options, I will be very happy to add on.

ETA + 1: Both options of drop loop carry and pack carry with lashing.

ETA + 2: pre-order procedure completed per instructions and good faith deposit sent.

Last edited:
I'll be in for one also. Just seems like the sensible thing to do. Update choices later.

Update: Brown Leather (Dark) with dark brown thread - Pack Sheath

email and deposit enroute.

Last edited:
If OK with you, email and deposit will follow upon your confirmation that you're fully vested in the project :thumbsup:

I just updated my post in the purchase thread that I will take one. I only needed to get to 8 which isn't break even but enough commitment that I can tell my wife with a straight face it's a good decision.. haha

Currently we are in the second discount tier which brings it down to $180, only need a few more to get to the lowest.

Thanks everyone!

ETA: Black with OD green piping/stitching and if you are willing to add some extras for carry options, I will be very happy to add on.

I was thinking about it tonight while I was at my daughters softball game.. I can offer both as a third option for an added cost.

Adding the lashing points (the way I do them) is roughly the same amount of time and effort as adding the embedded Tee Nuts and drop loop strap, which is why its a trade off on the options for me. I am going to add an option to get both for an additional $25 for anyone interested.

Thanks!!

Back