CLOSED, Keffler-18 (K18) Sheath pre-order, group pricing offer

Baldric pic's :)

Designed to be carried off left hip with a cross draw, or across the back. I used double Sam Browne Posts (8 of them!) throughout to save weight, make the straps lay flatter and add redundant connections for safety. Buckles and swivel slips are way too bulky for an already big rig. The female holes for the SB's are punched slightly undersized so the Biothane needs to stretch over the post for a tight fit.

The short dog bone attachment facilitates across the back carry and allows the strap to come straight across the shoulder. For cross draw it is switched out with a stainless ring, takes a few seconds to make the switch and is the only adjustment needed.

The shoulder strap has approximately 12" of adjustment for different carry conditions and a maximum length of about 50" without the dog bone and about 56" with the dog bone.

baldric1.jpg

baldric2.jpg

baldric3.jpg

baldric4.jpg

baldric5.jpg

Wow that looks amazing Chad, fantastic work!

Baldric pic's :)

Designed to be carried off left hip with a cross draw, or across the back. I used double Sam Browne Posts (8 of them!) throughout to save weight, make the straps lay flatter and add redundant connections for safety. Buckles and swivel slips are way too bulky for an already big rig. The female holes for the SB's are punched slightly undersized so the Biothane needs to stretch over the post for a tight fit.

The short dog bone attachment facilitates across the back carry and allows the strap to come straight across the shoulder. For cross draw it is switched out with a stainless ring, takes a few seconds to make the switch and is the only adjustment needed.

The shoulder strap has approximately 12" of adjustment for different carry conditions and a maximum length of about 50" without the dog bone and about 56" with the dog bone.

View attachment 1517947

View attachment 1517948

View attachment 1517949

View attachment 1517950

View attachment 1517951[/QUOTE

Has everyone already finished their orders? I've been emailing Chad about the two I signed up for but haven't been getting any responses. I know he's really busy, but I don't want to miss the boat here. These look fantastic!

Update: Just got in touch with Chad. I wasn't patient enough. :)

Last edited:
Has everyone already finished their orders? I've been emailing Chad about the two I signed up for but haven't been getting any responses. I know he's really busy, but I don't want to miss the boat here. These look fantastic!

He said he was trying to get them done in the order Jo was getting K18s out. Not sure where you fell in that order.

Silly question : Is the Pack sheath the same as the Pack sheath that comes with the Baldric setup? Guess what I’m asking is.... as long as you get the Pack sheath option you can add the Baldric straps later?

Sheath looks excellent! Glad I went with the brown.

Sneak peak..

Still waiting on the last of the supplies for the Baldric's, shipping materials and more leather, plus mother nature dealt a blow to my work week but I'm plugging along. Should have a Baldric ready to show early next week. Prototypes have been rock solid and will be proceeding with larger batches moving forward as long as leather supply holds strong.

I can totally relate to the CPK crew, my operation was not built to work efficiently with 24" long 5" wide sheaths. Adjustments are under way to maximize efficiency.

View attachment 1512637

Nice work Chad! The K18 shoulder carry set up looks great. Are those some of the DEK1 sheath along side of K18 sheath? I dig that purple one too. :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
My sheath arrived and it’s fantastic. Have not decided exactly how I want to rig it just yet, but it’s great to have options with the baldric (not shown in pic). The retention is great, and the overall quality is top notch. Well done Chad.

Thanks for the post! Glad you are happy :)

Nice work Chad! The K18 shoulder carry set up looks great. Are those some of the DEK1 sheath along side of K18 sheath? I dig that purple one too. :thumbsup::)

Yeah, those were the last of the DEK1 orders from the pre-order group. The purple one was for Sam Eddleman with purple inlay to match the handle wrap :)

Thanks everyone else as well! I need to hire a Baldric model, no one here is willing to volunteer except my 7 year old and I just don't think that would provide much perspective :)

As a general update, I apologize if I've been off the grid the last 8-10 days. I had a knife show this past weekend and in addition to normal work had to get ready for that. I have a pile of email to go through and am trying to clear through it today and tomorrow.

I am driving to the tannery this week to get my order for hides. The 5 week backorder turned to 7 and even then I need to grovel :)

I am also increasing the slots in the welt from 1" to 1.25" to allow a little looser fit for webbing. I ordered a 1.125 punch 2 weeks ago only to have the vendor finally contact me to say they did not have any and had no idea when they would come, they've had an open order with the manufacturer for a year. #pandemicliving

I was able to source a 1.25" which will be great and it's already shipped.

Many more will be rolling out shortly and yes, with the delays and Covid stuff since I did not have the provided blank before they started shipping I am building them in the order Jo is shipping them. This actually will delay them a little because I can't build all the black at once and all the brown at once, but it also provided the flexability to add thread colors and open it up to the Baldric, which I would not have done previously.

As a final note, if you posted in this thread and did not follow-up with an email and the requested information in the first post I do not have you on my build sheet.

Silly question : Is the Pack sheath the same as the Pack sheath that comes with the Baldric setup? Guess what I’m asking is.... as long as you get the Pack sheath option you can add the Baldric straps later?

Sheath looks excellent! Glad I went with the brown.

Yes, the pack sheaths shown here with the Baldric are the exact same as the ones people will get who don't order the Baldric. You can make your own or order one at a later date once I open my books again :thumbsup:

Back