CLOSED, Keffler-18 (K18) Sheath pre-order, group pricing offer

Looks like these are also starting to roll out. I know that both Chad and zmbhntr had posted photos and I can also say that I received my inv today which has been paid so I should be receiving mine soon (in black leather, dark gray stitching and Baldric carry). I will try to take a few photos when in hand but it will have to be W/O the K18. My K18 is at the Mothership receiving cuddles and caresses from Nathan :)

Looks like these are also starting to roll out. I know that both Chad and zmbhntr had posted photos and I can also say that I received my inv today which has been paid so I should be receiving mine soon (in black leather, dark gray stitching and Baldric carry). I will try to take a few photos when in hand but it will have to be W/O the K18. My K18 is at the Mothership receiving cuddles and caresses from Nathan :)
Please do post pictures Mat, it will be fun to see the different combinations Chad has worked into these. The choice of black with gray will be stunning.🤩

Sweet action! I think you ordered the exact same combo and sheath options as I did! Can't wait to see that "in the wild" 🍻

Guys, as with most things these days the sheaths are taking longer than expected. I have not had my usual help in the shop recently and several large "maker orders" that were also long over due came in at once. I had an issue with one of those and had to set this wave of K-18 sheaths and another batch aside to work through them. All-in I probably lost 8-9 work days on this and the others.

I will be starting the next batch soon and they will have the next 20 sheaths in them. They will likely be finished shortly after Blade but there's a chance of getting them done right before. I do have prep work for Blade that needs done as well. These are so big EVERYTHING takes longer and due to their size I can only wet mold and soak the final finish on them one at a time. I have two special tanks I made for soaking large sheaths a long time ago, one for water one for final finish. I may make another set of tanks if time allows. After that I am planning on finishing the last of them up in one batch. Current ETA - the last one will ship late June or early in July but I hate trying to make predictions these days.

Keep an eye on this thread because I am finding a lot of cool scar damage and brands on this wave of hides. They are not the normal pristine ones I get because of the beef/leather shortage, but the side advantage is some cool character for those who want it, as WValtakis WValtakis mentioned. I am not going to post any more finished work here - will leave that for the new owners but there are a few like this going out now. Moving forward I am going to post the unique hides here and whoever claims them can have them on their sheath, assuming they were in on the pre-order. Right now I have an amazing brand on one but it's the initials "JH", no one on the order has those initials but if anyone wants to see it post or PM me. I don't have room to unroll all the hides so every one I open is like a Christmas present, sometimes it's an X-Box, sometimes it's been pink bunny PJ's from my Aunt :D

Lastly, I have had a few people ask about seconds. I don't normally do them but I have had at least one sheath I remade because some random scratches were not visible until after wet molding. Any more cosmetic issues like that will be set aside and finished after all other orders done, If you want on that list email me. (chad@pirtlemade.com)

Thanks!

My Pirtle-Made K18 sheath came in today in excellent order and ahead of its anticipated delivery. This is my first attempt at posting pics with the new format so I hope that my past max resolution re-sizing to 1280 x 960 is not going to be gobbling up screen real estate (looking at you the guy who posted that Gabagool photo!). The sheath and the Baldric attachments are of great quality and I am thankful to Chad for offering us K18 owners the opportunity at such excellent prices for these huge chunks of leather. Admittedly, I have no friggin clue as to how to use the Baldric attachment but I will try to look up some tutorials. lastly as a point of reference, I took some side-by-side pics next to my fancy-schmancy Grog-Made Behemother sheath since I do not have my K18 yet. The Behemother is a huge chunk of D3V as those with one would already know but this K18 sheath will swallow that Behemother whole as can see!

1620325079136.png

1620325112499.png

1620325139944.png

1620325160309.png

Thanks all!

I loved that barbed wire scar. The whole time I was working on it I had visions of the day it happened and every tug that caused one of those cross cuts. This would have been a massive wound as the scar went through to the back side of the hide as well. Not something I see often.

Back