CLOSED, Pre-order, Kephart

I said I intended to start shipping these by the end of summer. At this point it appears we might be significantly ahead of schedule.

I have cut about 200 blanks already (AEBL and 3V). They're decked, engraved, blue printed, chamfered and ready to bevel. That part was easy because the work leading up to it was complete 100 years ago, I just needed to incorporate the established geometry into our process. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do on the bevels yet. I have some cool ideas on the bevels to duplicate the reduced binding in wood splitting of the original but there's some development work to do yet.
Thank you for the update. Very cool! :)

I never really understood the allure of the modern Kephart-inspired knives... and then I saw one of Nathan's... big mistake!

It's going to be interesting to see how these are in AEBL and 3V. Generally, the idea of a quality knife in AEBL interests me, especially for very hard use in an expeditionary capacity.

Chad ( cpirtle cpirtle ) has made a beautiful sheath for this knife and sent me some pics. If you are interested in a leather sheath for your Kephart, please contact Jo (if possible through your order email or mention your post number). There will be an additional cost for the leather sheath. I am checking on that now.

Kep1.jpgKep2.jpgKep3.jpgKep4.jpg

Chad ( cpirtle cpirtle ) has made a beautiful sheath for this knife and sent me some pics. If you are interested in a leather sheath for your Kephart, please contact Jo (if possible through your order email or mention your post number). There will be an additional cost for the leather sheath. I am checking on that now.
Sweet! I had ordered a leather sheath with the initial order. Is this what they'll be?

Mine came in a few days ago. What a work of art! The attention to detail on the knife (especially regarding the grind) is just stupendous. I'm going to spend a little time getting acquainted with the knife and then it's off to Lorien Lorien to have a sheath made. :D

Thanks CPK!

TmUzmzt.jpg

8IIowbQ.jpg

We are temporarily out of black scales. I will be making more and hoping to ship next week.
CPK out of black scales??? 🤯 Noooooooooooo!!! That's like Outback running out of steaks. 🥩

I **would** say just ship mine with natural micarta. But I really want those buffed black scales. :) All good things to those who wait. 😰 I guess.

Last edited:
CPK out of black scales??? 🤯 Noooooooooooo!!! That's like Outback running out of steaks. 🥩

I **would** say just ship mine with natural micarta. But I really want those buffed black scales. :) All good things to those who wait. 😰 I guess.

We're setting up to run more black scales tomorrow

Back