CLOSED, Pre-order, Kephart

F8PwDQE.jpg

Did not see the shipping notice, Nice surprise for me today 😀

I just got mine. Great balance - right on the first rivet. Nathan originally said it was going to balance on the 2nd finger, so I'm glad that got tweaked.
It's listed at the beginning of this thread as balancing between the first two fingers, which mine does. Same with the bk62 after adding micarta scales.

And after using the cpkephart for a few days in the kitchen, it performs excellent considering how thick of a knife it is. That grind allows better slicing ability than one would expect given the beefy stock. The only place the thick blade has been noticeable is when slicing thick (tall?) veggies, like our slighty overgrown garden zucchini. At times it will split those rather than slice, but only on really tall ones. I was able to finely dice an onion for salsa, which is a test of a good knife for my uses.

Very impressed so far.

It will cut ! This is some very weathered oak and the CPK Kephart bites right in. Silly I know.
41AABAE4-9152-427E-A7FB-DE76C7606E28.jpeg
Nathan‘s grind work idea works like a CHAMP! This is one tough little knife, overbuilt with Quality. I love that 🤓

Last edited:
Got mine today. Wow......

I almost passed on the Kephart because I never considered it an aesthetically pleasing knife. My opinion has changed. I knew CPK wouldn't lead me astray! Beautiful work as usual, now one of my new favorites.

Wish I would have bought two.....so if anyone wants to part with theirs let me know ;)

Quick and dirty pic of the latest CPK to join the stable.

I am still assessing my thoughts on it and will create a post, as promised, with regards to "a battle of the Kepharts", so to speak. I am still waiting on a custom and then I can do a proper comparative review.

Regardless, it is a superb knife and I am looking forward to a long and fulfilling companionship with it.

Hx8dVFd.jpg

Mine arrived a couple days ago as well, basically the same exact thing Dylan has above^^^, minus the sweet Pirtle leather.

I'm still not totally sold on the Kephart pattern overall, but this is a fine, quality knife right here! :thumbsup: I especially like how Nathan gave the upper grind "shoulders" yet another pass at the corners to smooth the transition even further, creating an even more convex-like grind. (Look carefully down the blade from the handle end, and you can see 4 "steps" instead of just 2. The narrower "steps" are where those shoulders got flattened.) :cool:

Back