Photos CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how do you think about the screw problems

you mean tubes? The last two are ovalized and on that I agree with you. They should have been perfectly round. That is definitely not right.

So as people have said, warranty issues are handled really well by the shop and that's usually the best way to go. That said, I'm not sure your friend explained something to you. Uncoated knives come in two varieties, one is "Satin" where all the imperfections have been polished out, and one is "Competition" where the imperfections are not take out, but are considerably cheaper. It's a very nice in-between option that Busse offers their customers because they really do care if people can get the knives they want and be able to afford them. Because of this effort that they make for their customers, I believe we as customers can over look some aesthetic issues as long as the performance is there. I'm sure the performance is there and if it does fail in any way at all I'm sure the shop will take care of it.

good luck

Last edited:
I feel for you being in China. It sucks due to shipping issues and such. But I would certainly not ship a knife back because of those tubes. I would buy some corby bolts, drill out the tubes and replace with bolts. I prefer bolts anyway.

like this:
SSeFmzJ.jpg
SSeFmzJ.jpg

I agree with Currawong, they look great. I wouldn’t have a problem with either of these myself. To add, The Comp finish on those looks really good.
Thank you Currawong for posting up the pics.

Comp finish,the blade is how it is advertised to be.

Here is OP's knife
47544978322_c3483eaeed_o.jpg

And here is the link to the Flickr album for the rest. https://www.flickr.com/photos/157387395@N06/with/47544978322/

TBH I can't see anything I'd have a problem with, looks like a great knife, I'm jealous as heck.

I'm not a Busse fan, just not my thing. But the knives in that picture look great to me. I get the polished spot would bother you some if it was a collector blade or whatever which it may very well be, but aren't these knives specifically made to kill zombies, chop down trees, cleave rocks and such? :) I'm just saying, go make some more shiny spots.

I can see with 2 in hand to compare and question the look of one versus the other. I had a nukes 14 so is not fair to compare but it does look like something is going on but maybe that is just the way they are? I don't know. That 1 shiny spot does stand out, no denying that. Personally it wouldn't bother me as I tend to polish them after receiving them just to make them my own. I would have expected more consistency so I agree with that. On the tubes for the handles, mechanically they are properly done. They don't always lay perfectly flat in the chamfered hole so for me, not so much a big thing. Aside from that, every customer is entitled to their opinions and you are certainly within your rights to have the ones you do.
End of the day, there's only 1 person who can address your concerns and that's the Bossman~ He goes above and beyond like no one else, that's my experience and expectation.
Thumbs up for Lin (assuming it's the same person I know of) I've dealt with him myself, very good person :thumbsup:
Cheers :)

Here's what happened:

About half a year ago, I asked my friend LIN on BF to book two knives from Busse for me, one Hog Gemini and one Fmv14. Now after about half-year's wait they finally ariived. For Hog gemini, I'm no problem with it and I love it, it's been nicely made and high quality. But there are some quality problems in fmv14, I don't know if you called these problems serious, is it common in every Fmv14? Anyway, I'm disappointed with my fmv14, especially after halfyear's wait and I used to think that Busse's products represented high quality.

The first problem is the uncoordinated grind/finish of the blade. There is a clear and shinny area in the blade, you can see in pics below, which makes the whole knife look uncoordinated. seems like this shinny area is been poilshed, maybe the man made this knife think it is a custom shop version at first and he begin to polish the blade, then someone stopped him......
The second problem is that there are many small pieces of metal on the blade, which feel rough when you touch the blade and look obvious. I guess maybe it was metal in liquid form that sprayed on the knife during forging. These little metal lumps only in oneside of the blade.
The third problem is that every screw on the handle is crooked and crudely made. This is the problem that let me really unacceptable, you can see there is an obvious gap between the screw and the handle, every screw are crooked. the pics I take maybe unclearly, but they are easily seen by naked eye.
The forth problem is there are some rust marks on the tail of the handle. also can obviously see in pics. maybe you can say it is caused in transportation, but my Hog gemini send along with Fmv14 does not have any rust.

I'm surprised that Busse's products have such problems and they allowed such products leave the factory. I swear I haven't used my fmv14 since I received it, and I don't believe these problems can be caused by using. Why dose hog Gemini sent long with it not have these problems? I am not satisfied with this shopping experience. In fact, this is my first time to buy knives from Busse. I hope I live in the US so that I can send it back to Busse. Maybe they can take care of me. But I'm not. In my country, for legal reasons, it's extremly difficult to bring knives in or out, my friend can bring the knife in for me, but it is impossible for me to send it out.

I bought a lot of knives in US and never had one knife got so many problems. A knife at this price shouldn't have these problems. I feel sad this time. Maybe you will tell me that these are common problems and that's how things works here, but the problem is common can not justify the existence of the problems, I hope that Busse can improve product quality in the future.

All the problems with my Fmv14 are shows in my pics attached(I use Flickr to upload my pics). If you can not see them I can send them to you. I'm not sure if I can leave a link to the website of my album in this thread.... I'm not exaggerating, I'm just telling the truth. I wonder if any Busse staff can see this thread, I want to hear what they will say about it.
dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

Wut????????

I feel for you being in China. It sucks due to shipping issues and such. But I would certainly not ship a knife back because of those tubes. I would buy some corby bolts, drill out the tubes and replace with bolts. I prefer bolts anyway.

like this:
SSeFmzJ.jpg
SSeFmzJ.jpg
that's help, I'll try to figure it out…

Apparently, there are problems on BOTH ends when using a freight forwarder such as @LIN . I've warned folks before...

Here's what happened:

About half a year ago, I asked my friend LIN on BF to book two knives from Busse for me, one Hog Gemini and one Fmv14. Now after about half-year's wait they finally ariived. For Hog gemini, I'm no problem with it and I love it, it's been nicely made and high quality. But there are some quality problems in fmv14, I don't know if you called these problems serious, is it common in every Fmv14? Anyway, I'm disappointed with my fmv14, especially after halfyear's wait and I used to think that Busse's products represented high quality.

The first problem is the uncoordinated grind/finish of the blade. There is a clear and shinny area in the blade, you can see in pics below, which makes the whole knife look uncoordinated. seems like this shinny area is been poilshed, maybe the man made this knife think it is a custom shop version at first and he begin to polish the blade, then someone stopped him......
The second problem is that there are many small pieces of metal on the blade, which feel rough when you touch the blade and look obvious. I guess maybe it was metal in liquid form that sprayed on the knife during forging. These little metal lumps only in oneside of the blade.
The third problem is that every screw on the handle is crooked and crudely made. This is the problem that let me really unacceptable, you can see there is an obvious gap between the screw and the handle, every screw are crooked. the pics I take maybe unclearly, but they are easily seen by naked eye.
The forth problem is there are some rust marks on the tail of the handle. also can obviously see in pics. maybe you can say it is caused in transportation, but my Hog gemini send along with Fmv14 does not have any rust.

I'm surprised that Busse's products have such problems and they allowed such products leave the factory. I swear I haven't used my fmv14 since I received it, and I don't believe these problems can be caused by using. Why dose hog Gemini sent long with it not have these problems? I am not satisfied with this shopping experience. In fact, this is my first time to buy knives from Busse. I hope I live in the US so that I can send it back to Busse. Maybe they can take care of me. But I'm not. In my country, for legal reasons, it's extremly difficult to bring knives in or out, my friend can bring the knife in for me, but it is impossible for me to send it out.

I bought a lot of knives in US and never had one knife got so many problems. A knife at this price shouldn't have these problems. I feel sad this time. Maybe you will tell me that these are common problems and that's how things works here, but the problem is common can not justify the existence of the problems, I hope that Busse can improve product quality in the future.

All the problems with my Fmv14 are shows in my pics attached(I use Flickr to upload my pics). If you can not see them I can send them to you. I'm not sure if I can leave a link to the website of my album in this thread.... I'm not exaggerating, I'm just telling the truth. I wonder if any Busse staff can see this thread, I want to hear what they will say about it.
dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

are you live in China? i'm living here, it is illegal to mail knives. They are all through special channels that ordinary people can't do. that's why i need LIN to bring them for me.

If LIN bought the knives for you, than he should make this right for you as well, in my opinion. Cost of doing business as a freight forwarder into China and all...

maybe she can, but it will cost me a looooot, which i think is secondary damage...:(

Ah, so LIN is a she? Interesting, I learned something new.

I have contact LIN and tell her my problems when I got my knife at first time, I don't know why cost so long to receive these knives, but I asked some people in my country that booked busse knives from proxy, most of them wait a long time like me. as you mentioned the rust, yes it is possible that is caused by other reasons. when I received the package, its remained original factory package, no trace shows they are unpacked by anyone.

If the blades arrived rusted, that is for @LIN to make right. They must have rusted on the long ocean journey across the Pacific. If so, LIN did not do her job properly and make sure that the merchandise you purchased through her was properly protected prior to shipping across the ocean from the USA to China. I assume you paid her some amount above what these blades cost to procure these for you? If so, they should arrive in good condition, not rusted from their ocean journey. Items should have been bagged with desiccant, etc. to protect from rust during transportation.

I think that you have every right to be disappointed in the handle tubes not being pressed in fully. I personally had one knife come second hand that had a crooked tube i just put a metal rod through it and tweeked it straight then clamped it tight with a vice and 2 ball bearings. I understand that you shouldn't have to do that yourself after paying full price for a new knife but it beats dealing with customs and the hassle of shipping

This. Press the tubing flares into the handle chamfers the rest of the way and they'll be fine. They should even look round once this has been done. The only issue here is the flares did not get fully pressed into the chamfer cavities.

Here is OP's knife
47544978322_c3483eaeed_o.jpg

And here is the link to the Flickr album for the rest. https://www.flickr.com/photos/157387395@N06/with/47544978322/

TBH I can't see anything I'd have a problem with, looks like a great knife, I'm jealous as heck.
I agree with Currawong, they look great. I wouldn’t have a problem with either of these myself. To add, The Comp finish on those looks really good.
Thank you Currawong for posting up the pics.
Actually I think this thread is reverse psychology. Tanhao complains about a Busse knife, Tanhao posts a picture of a perfect-looking knife... Tanhao works for Jerry!!!
Comp finish,the blade is how it is advertised to be.
I'm not a Busse fan, just not my thing. But the knives in that picture look great to me. I get the polished spot would bother you some if it was a collector blade or whatever which it may very well be, but aren't these knives specifically made to kill zombies, chop down trees, cleave rocks and such? :) I'm just saying, go make some more shiny spots.

like this:
SSeFmzJ.jpg
SSeFmzJ.jpg

There are some things I think I must to say:

1、Have you looked carefully at all the pictures posted? Currawong only post one picture. Have you see the crooked tubes on handle? I must say its difficult to catch the pics of the problems I described with phone camera, it's more obviously see with the naked eye.

2、Many people say I don't understand what competition finish is, OK FINE, maybe I really don't know what it is. but few things still make me confused now,
the first thing: This is the original link that Jerry release the FMV14, (https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...esday-may-16-2018-at-9-00-pm-eastern.1583261/), look the pics jerry posted, is there have a competiton finish fmv14? when I see this pic at first sight, I was thinking, oh, that's competition finish looks like. Shouldn't a standard Competition Finish be like the one shown in the picture? if it is not, why jerry chose to post this pic to demonstrate the competition finish fmv14? As a customer, especialy new to Busse knives, I hope you understand, what im trying to say is: Shouldn't the pictures advertised by seller be as consistent as possible with the real thing you got? Imagine you go to KFC to buy something to eat, you get the menu, you see a picture of a hamburger on the menu, you think that's exactly what you want to eat, so you order the hamburger on the picture, but when the waiter gives it to you, you find that the hamburger looks completely different from the picture on the menu. How do you feel? If the picture should not be the same as the real thing, why not the seller indicate below, like many seller in my conutry do, for example: "The final object you get may not be consistent with the one show in picture." if there is such words, i will not have any complaint no matter what the real knife looks like.
the second thing:
Is there really a standard for competiton finish? What should competition finish be like? I got my Hog Gemini along with my FMV14, why the competiton finish on hog gemini looks so different with the competition finish on fmv14? the competition finish on HOG gemini looks very closed to the pics on the thread that jerry release the hog gemini, that's the competition finish I want and I have nothing to say with that. OR, If there is no unified standard, then why I dont have the right to question it?

3、My main purpose to open this thread is hope someone can really solve my problems, I'm not trying to embarrass anybody, that's all.

Awesome score Tanhao! Congratulations on successful smuggling these beauties into China! Enjoy!!!

1、Have you looked carefully at all the pictures posted? Currawong only post one picture. Have you see the crooked tubes on handle? I must say its difficult to catch the pics of the problems I described with phone camera, it's more obviously see with the naked eye.

2、Many people say I don't understand what competition finish is, OK FINE, maybe I really don't know what it is. but few things still make me confused now,
the first thing: This is the original link that Jerry release the FMV14, (https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...esday-may-16-2018-at-9-00-pm-eastern.1583261/), look the pics jerry posted, is there have a competiton finish fmv14? when I see this pic at first sight, I was thinking, oh, that's competition finish looks like. Shouldn't a standard Competition Finish be like the one shown in the picture? if it is not, why jerry chose to post this pic to demonstrate the competition finish fmv14? As a customer, especialy new to Busse knives, I hope you understand, what im trying to say is: Shouldn't the pictures advertised by seller be as consistent as possible with the real thing you got? Imagine you go to KFC to buy something to eat, you get the menu, you see a picture of a hamburger on the menu, you think that's exactly what you want to eat, so you order the hamburger on the picture, but when the waiter gives it to you, you find that the hamburger looks completely different from the picture on the menu. How do you feel? If the picture should not be the same as the real thing, why not the seller indicate below, like many seller in my conutry do, for example: "The final object you get may not be consistent with the one show in picture." if there is such words, i will not have any complaint no matter what the real knife looks like.
the second thing:
Is there really a standard for competiton finish? What should competition finish be like? I got my Hog Gemini along with my FMV14, why the competiton finish on hog gemini looks so different with the competition finish on fmv14? the competition finish on HOG gemini looks very closed to the pics on the thread that jerry release the hog gemini, that's the competition finish I want and I have nothing to say with that. OR, If there is no unified standard, then why I dont have the right to question it?

3、My main purpose to open this thread is hope someone can really solve my problems, I'm not trying to embarrass anybody, that's all.

I couldn't see but the one picture he posted, none of the others show up.

On a second note...."you apparently haven't been to a US fast food business and ordered a hamburger. :) Nothing on the menu ever looks like what you get. Ever. Seriously. :)

I hear what you're saying though, but I can't see it. Contact Busse like everyone said and see what they can do.

the second thing:

As has been said, the issues with the fit/finish should be taken up with Busse. IMO, Lin should be the one to do this for you, as you used her as an importer and do not want to contact them or ship to them directly. The only thing you really have a legitimate complaint about are the handle fasteners, and honestly, that's easily fixed (look at the quote in my previous post). In your situation, your best bet would likely be to do it yourself, instead of risking sending it back due to your location.

But otherwise, what you have is the competition finish. Looking at your overall photo compared to the one in the thread you linked for the release, they look the same to me at that level of zoom. If you could zoom into Jerry's picture, I'd bet you would see some of the same small things that you're unhappy about. But if you're still unhappy, contact Busse. Just know that the competition finish isn't meant to be perfect, and that is disclosed in the description. The buyer needs to be more careful if they don't know this, and complaining about it will likely get the option removed again in the future.

As to the rust claims, that's 100% on Lin. She clearly didn't protect the knives properly during shipment, and she should be the one to remedy that situation to your satisfaction.

On a second note...."you apparently haven't been to a US fast food business and ordered a hamburger. :) Nothing on the menu ever looks like what you get. Ever. Seriously. :)

LOL, so true! :eek: E.V.E.R!!! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back