Cloudland Canyon State Park

Thanks for sharing. The pictures were exactly what I needed stuck at work on a gloomy day. It looked like a really nice trip out.

Oh, and I'm digging the orange Taco truck. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. The pictures were exactly what I needed stuck at work on a gloomy day. It looked like a really nice trip out.

Oh, and I'm digging the orange Taco truck. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jerry, it's my 5th Toyota 4x4 and it's just as reliable as the other 4! The trip was a great way to unwind. Beautiful weather, good times, excellent views, and perfect company, it don't get no better than that!

Looked like an amazing little get a way.

it's especially nice seeing outdoor action during our cold winter months....Sooooo jealous! :D

Those steps remind me of the New River Gorge in WV and the scenery reminds me of the Little River Canyon.

How's the Tacoma doing? I got a new one about a year ago. Love the truck.

I'm a bit of cheap skate and to be honest about it, I have never been to Cloudland Canyon SP as I didn't want to pay for admission to the park. I'm always in the area on a job and pass by the entrance. Hesitate to go in since I probably won't be there an hour. Need to change that as it really is just a day trip for me.

Enjoyed your pictures and so forth. Thanks for sharing your weekend here. I went to the Little River Canyon and SP there after one of your threads in years past. You show me stuff I haven't done in nearly my own back yard.

With all the rain, the Little River Falls is probably incredible about now.

Last edited:
Those steps remind me of the New River Gorge in WV and the scenery reminds me of the Little River Canyon.

How's the Tacoma doing? I got a new one about a year ago. Love the truck.

I'm a bit of cheap skate and to be honest about it, I have never been to Cloudland Canyon SP as I didn't want to pay for admission to the park. I'm always in the area on a job and pass by the entrance. Hesitate to go in since I probably won't be there an hour. Need to change that as it really is just a day trip for me.

Enjoyed your pictures and so forth. Thanks for sharing your weekend here. I went to the Little River Canyon and SP there after one of your threads in years past. You show me stuff I haven't done in nearly my own back yard.

With all the rain, the Little River Falls is probably incredible about now.

Loving the Tacoma! Little River Canyon is south of Cloudland, but still part of the same mountain chain. Where are you located?

For a day trip, parking is only $5, but we don’t mind paying at some places because the funds usually go straight back into the maintenance of the park. The sights really were worth the money paid. :)

Not been there in a few years. It was one of our go-to camping sights for Cub Scouts. Also was one of our coldest trips when temps hit in the teens one night - we all earned our polar bear badges. It's maybe a 30 minute drive from the house and I keep meaning to go back for a dayhike. Course all the rain lately is killing my outdoor time.

Great pics & thanks for posting them.

Happy to do it! And I know you know. Sometimes, it seems like too much work. But then I remind myself that if it brings a smile to just one face, it was worth it. :)

Literally! Lol!

Mission accomplished! I liked this so much I made my wife scroll through it all. Fantastic job on the post!

We’re heading to a campsite on Friday about 2.5 hrs away from us here in South Texas. We have four dogs, and our two black lab mixes are 15 years old and on their last legs so we’re car camping this time. This might be their last run on the trails so the entire trip is a bit bittersweet. My wife’s birthday is on 28th and that’s always as amazing as she is, but our dogs running down just defeats us some days. But when the time comes we’re sending them off in style, and trips to camp and the beach in Galveston are what they live for, so one more for the books.

Love seeing the BK9 in action and you two camped a perfect spot. Thanks for sharing and I’ll be excited to see more from you!

Back