CMP 4V Fixed Blade?

IF that's accurate, I just put a fixed blade purchase on hold to get in line for one of these!!!!!
NOTE: just checked the CRK web site and started an order for a Pacific. No steel choice at this time. Only serrated and non-serrated. Specs page shows S35VN only. Let's hope!

Last edited:
I wonder if they will just transition away from s35vn completely, going with s45vn for folders, 4V for fixed blades.

Has CRK ever offered a choice in a single model (apart from the damascus options)?

That would be a nice way to go for them! To my knowledge there has never been a choice of steels other than Damascus.

It’s a sign...

I’d been waiting for a BRKT 4v kephart for a few months only to be notified that it was completely discontinued and my order was canceled.

Interesting. Need to research this blade steel and start saving money!

If they stick with historical practice and I am pretty sure that I understand they will....you will not have a choice. They will use use their existing stock and transition over to 4V moving forward.

Humm is this why CRK knives especially the fixed blades seem to be out of stock everywhere at least here in Canada? Cuz they are switching steels?

I would like to know the same thing! S35 is still the only option showing on their site.

Back