Coated or bare INFI?

I like coated for any kind of heavy use, it protects the blade and beating-stripped infi has a look and feel all its own.

I generally buy coated blades. Both the aesthetics and durability for me. That said I loved the older Comp Finish (like the TGLBs of @2013). Satin is too pimp'ish for me. But there is not a huge difference between all the options for me....I will never say no.

I’m mostly a coated infi guy. Followed by Comp then DC. Satin when it’s a special knife and cost is worth it to me.

Price has never been an issue...I started out with SHBM coated, SHSH coated and have followed that path with a few Special Editions and Limited Editions in Satin. Certain Blade designs scream out for SATIN. The in between finishes COMP and DC are meh I've picked up one or two of each but would not consider them as my Go-To blade finishes.

Satin is beautiful, DC is nice, competition is really nice, but sometimes I like the rustic look of a stripped blade. The infi dimples are amazing on this sjtac, and the satin finish under the black paint of the SFNO turned out beautiful on both of these, they are just stripped. no sanding of anything. I did use some semichrome polish on them to shine them a bit. but if you zoom in on the sjtac, it looks almost like ancient hieroglyphics
Untitled by Frank Moore, on Flickr

Back