COD coldwar knife frank woods

Irish_Iron_Spring

Gold Member
Basic Member
Hi all!

Heck of a nerd question here, so any razzing is well deserved I admit. Anyhow, wanted to know if anyone recognized or knows of a similar real world based knife sheath combo? I love the look of it! Frank Woods character from call of duty video game.

Thanks !

This one in the horizontal sheath?

mQMu1hO.jpg

It's called a "scout carry" sheath.

The knife looks to be either a Becker BK2 or BK7 (2nd and 3rd from right), and the scales can be had from different sources on the aftermarket. Ka-Bar may even make alternate scales, now....

Why does he have such a wee little backpack? You can hardly carry lunch in there, nevermind snacks and drinks.

Maybe it's an in-and-out mission. Not every one needs a three-day forest ruck to get to the target, so you would only want some extra ammo, FAK, and maybe a flare to signal for extraction. Especially in the context of a video game, I could see where the developers would want to get to the shooting part pretty quick.

Why does he have such a wee little backpack? You can hardly carry lunch in there, nevermind snacks and drinks.

Woods just eats snakes. If he can't find any snakes, he'll settle for your fear. I actually really dig all the characters in the latest game. Kinda fun having a game set in the Cold War. I played a mission where I had to track down and kill/capture an arms dealer on the day I was born.

I like the look of scout carry, and I find it to be a comfortable for hiking. Sucks to sit on;)

Woods just eats snakes. If he can't find any snakes, he'll settle for your fear. I actually really dig all the characters in the latest game. Kinda fun having a game set in the Cold War. I played a mission where I had to track down and kill/capture an arms dealer on the day I was born.

I like the look of scout carry, and I find it to be a comfortable for hiking. Sucks to sit on;)
It's pretty good carry if they let you ride a pony.

What steel is his knife made from?

What's the edge bevel?

Hahaha! You guys are funny! Hey thanks for the pointer on the knife+Sheath combo, sounds like you guys are on point!

I dunno about that. It seems like it would be nice to have at least one bullet, now and then. Both of our posts are off topic. I've never played Call of Duty, but I do own some Becker fixed blades.

Exactly. When you are that tactical all you needs is a knife and your wits.

That is what most people would call a butt pack. With that style your suspenders actually attach to the butt pack, and the butt pack is attached to your belt.

I was not in the military, but I remember my dad telling me about heading out with STA platoon with a 1 or 2 day turnaround during his two weeks. He would leave his pack and just carry a couple of MREs, a poncho liner (maybe poncho) and a few other odds and ends in the butt pack on his deuce gear. Mags were in mag pouches, IFAK was a non issue as he was a corpsman and carried his 'unit 1' field surgery/med kit. And of course a USN Mk2 taped upside down on his left shoulder strap. I seem to recall that as a corpsman he was issued a pistol but could draw an M-16 if he cared to, but that was a long time ago and I may have things mixed up. The pistol (if he had one) would have been in a Bianchi holster on the right side of his web belt.

Oh, and a pair of canteens on either side of the butt pack itself.

That is what most people would call a butt pack. With that style your suspenders actually attach to the butt pack, and the butt pack is attached to your belt.

I was not in the military, but I remember my dad telling me about heading out with STA platoon with a 1 or 2 day turnaround during his two weeks. He would leave his pack and just carry a couple of MREs, a poncho liner (maybe poncho) and a few other odds and ends in the butt pack on his deuce gear. Mags were in mag pouches, IFAK was a non issue as he was a corpsman and carried his 'unit 1' field surgery/med kit. And of course a USN Mk2 taped upside down on his left shoulder strap. I seem to recall that as a corpsman he was issued a pistol but could draw an M-16 if he cared to, but that was a long time ago and I may have things mixed up. The pistol (if he had one) would have been in a Bianchi holster on the right side of his web belt.

Oh, and a pair of canteens on either side of the butt pack itself.

Technically speaking...."tactical fanny pack"

What era is this supposed to be? He's wearing a LBV, has a MACV SOG patch, carries grenades like John Wayne, yet has no ammo pouches for his rifle.

Back