Coffee

To set all hope down in the gutter...
It would take about a Jillion pounds of coffee bean to make an ounce of liquor (ethanol)

See there you go GotSteel...
It's a flavored Vodka.

Vodka at it's BEST is a neutral spirit. It takes the character of whatever you mix/add/filter thru it.
The most prefer d vodkas are neutral.
Guess what they taste like... Ethanol.
Guess what that is... Poison.

I don't drink spirits any more, but what on are you going on about?

Anybody try the newest craze nitro cold brew coffee?

It looks really good. I'm trying to find a place to buy some.

Daniel.

Anybody try the newest craze nitro cold brew coffee?

It looks really good. I'm trying to find a place to buy some.

Daniel.

Yeah I have had it, it makes it kinda foamy/frothy-"creamy" textural similar to how Guinness is (also nitrogenated but I think Guinness also has a little Co2 which the coffee doesn't)

I have lots of death wish on the way, 2 bags of the aged pumpkin, a bag of Valhalla, and a bag of original death wish. Should stay plenty caffeinated on vacation. Lol.

Edit to add: and some death wish nitro cold brew! :)

Last edited:
IMG_1506_zpsmnzzlrnp.jpg

Hmm, not bad.

6AqKmuY.gif

I definitely got the full flavor the bean has to offer. We'll see about the caffeine content after my class is done.:thumbsup:

Getting the Turkish method right is one of the more challenging things in the coffee world. Done right it's rich, strong, and smooth. Done wrong it's just a really dark cup of meh. Having the proper vessel is important, they're cheap too around 10. The hardest part is heat management and forming cream without burning it. The best method imo is to preheat the water in the vessel, then add the coffee when it's off boil, returning it to heat until you see bubbles form, remove from heat, stir, return to heat again until a ring of bubbles form around the inner circumference of your vessel, remove from heat, when bubbles stop returning to heat until the crema starts to rise, slowly pour into demitasse cup leaving grounds in the vessel as much as possible. SLOWLY enjoy so you don't get a mouth full of coffee sludge. It took me a fair number of tries to get right haha.

I don't mind nitro done right but I find it to be overly acidic from most places. Done with a proper medium roast it is amazing, with light roast not so much. Light roast should stay in the toddy area a or in a hot preparation.

Getting the Turkish method right is one of the more challenging things in the coffee world. Done right it's rich, strong, and smooth. Done wrong it's just a really dark cup of meh. Having the proper vessel is important, they're cheap too around 10. The hardest part is heat management and forming cream without burning it. The best method imo is to preheat the water in the vessel, then add the coffee when it's off boil, returning it to heat until you see bubbles form, remove from heat, stir, return to heat again until a ring of bubbles form around the inner circumference of your vessel, remove from heat, when bubbles stop returning to heat until the crema starts to rise, slowly pour into demitasse cup leaving grounds in the vessel as much as possible. SLOWLY enjoy so you don't get a mouth full of coffee sludge. It took me a fair number of tries to get right haha.
I think simply using creamer is an easy trick. Helps you know when to stop drinking.:thumbsup:

I want a full report on the pumpkin spice coffee.

One word for it, AMAZING!!! Unlike any pumpkin spice coffee you've ever had. Death wish raised the bar on this one. You can really taste each individual flavor. It's got a nice sweetness. It's got bold notes of ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon and its smoooooth. Have I said how much I love this coffee? Lol. Have to go make another cup now.

Well I officially have a new favorite coffee. Anything death wish! I really didn't think there coffee would be that great, just more shiny marketing, but I have really enjoyed the pumpkin spice and the original brew. Going to try the Odins brew later.

You know I will.
I would recomend buying some of the other seasonal blends from Peet's and Caribou when they are released. Peet's is different every year but they knock it out of the park. Caribou's Reindeer blend is fantastic too.

Back