Coffee

Pumpkin spice coffee in here? What in the h-e-double hockey sticks has happened to this thread?!?!?! :eek: :p

I was just reading about adding espresso to coca cola have you guys heard of this or tried

Never heard of that. I'll let you try it and report back. ;)

I think I will give it a shot when I get off in an hour or so will report.. on an unrelated note I am becoming interested in roasting at home

I was just reading about adding espresso to coca cola have you guys heard of this or tried

It makes it froth up, can be good though. It was really popular for a short about 10 years ago. Right around the same time Espresso and club soda/seltzer was gaining traction. I prefer coke mixed with a good toddy extract. Kinda tastes like coke black but better :)!

I hate flavored coffee. The DW Pumpkin is barrel aged in whole bean form. That is how it arrives - whole bean only.

I remember a couple people discussing it here a while back. Seems like I recall them saying it was reminiscent of a flavor that Coca Cola offered at one time.

I have a buddy that has to have a cup of coffee and a can of Coke in the morning. Never saw him mix the two, though.:D

I hate flavored coffee. The DW Pumpkin is barrel aged in whole bean form. That is how it arrives - whole bean only.
Whole bean is unfortunate in a way.
I don't need that pumpkin spice flavor all up in my burr grinder.
Takes forever to get a proper tasting cup after running spicy stuff through all my coffee gear.

The great one has spoken! :D
I thought about that too. I have a big box of minute rice to run through my grinder after I get sick of pumkin Deathwish!! My Aeropress will have to suffer!!

The pumpkin death wish definitely is strong. It will definitely stink up your grinder and Aeropress. It did mine. Lol.

My Aeropress will have to suffer!!
You should be able to remove it with some of the cleaner designed for coffee makers. I've used that to clean carafes, thermoses, and travel mugs. Makes them look like new.

2 shots of yirgacheffe added and it was surprisingly good, the flavors were really complimentary
960pgCv.jpg

It makes it froth up, can be good though. It was really popular for a short about 10 years ago. Right around the same time Espresso and club soda/seltzer was gaining traction. I prefer coke mixed with a good toddy extract. Kinda tastes like coke black but better :)!

I really enjoyed it and now I'm thinking of experimenting with different sodas.. gotta try the seltzer I prefer it over still water any time all the shops around here serve it with their shots which is nice but I never thought to mix them. What's toddy extract?

Ah. I know that was probably a dumb question. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Same thought crossed my mind lol

Coffee aficionados, but not drinking Mexican Coke?
The horror...

I don't usually drink much flavored soda aside from red bull but the ones that have cane sugar are much better

Mexican coke really does taste better, it's what stock at my shop. I always thought it was silly when people said that until I tried it hahaha. Toddy is a cold brew preparation, my favorite really. For the batches at the shop we grind 5lbs one a medium coarse setting, few steps back from French press for reference. Then it goes in a large cotton filter/sack, and then a fine mesh secondary filter. The coffee get soaked in 1 gallon for 5 minutes until I'm sure all the grounds have been saturated, the bag gets tied off, and I add 3 more gallons of cool to room temp water. Its covered and left at too temp for 24-32 hours.

If you want to do it at home you can do .75lbs of coffee and about 7 cups of water(can be more or less depending on persona preference.) I let it sit 24-28 when I do it at home. It needs to be filtered through a dense cotton filter, standard filters don't cut it really. They sell home toddy setups pretty cheap on amazon.

After either preparation it needs to be mixed down. At the shop I do 1 part toddy 2 parts water. The most I would dilute it is 1 to 3 but everyone is different. It has way less acidity than almost any preparation, and an extremely rich profile and flavor. You can kee the extract for 2 - 3 weeks in the fridge. You can also heat it up if you'd like, steamed it takes on sweet characteristics.

Back