Coffee

Jittery joes morning ride is by far the best coffee I've ever had I buy it online 6-12oz cans at a time and it's also organic

I would too but whenever I buy a cup from my local roasters I almost always just get what they have on drip since in my opinion the result tastes almost as good as a pour over, costs less and quicker (although the aeropress is very fast too.. I think like a minute to brew or something, like a cross between coffee and espresso), but since I'm not at barista skill level and don't have such high end equipment/ I'd opt for pretty much any method over a player's drip system
Can't get much faster than tossing the coffee grinds into a cup and pouring boiling water into it.:cool:

Hows that going have you perfected it :cool: french presses aren't too different just filters large grinds
Well the taste is pretty good, but I've been running into a different dilemma lately. Coffee acts like a pretty strong laxative to me, so after I drink it I'll have the runs anywhere from 30 minutes to the next 3-4 hours even.

So nowadays I kind of have to balance staying awake or dealing with constant hemorrhoids that even copious amounts(and different flavors) of Preparation H can't fix.:eek:

I bought 12 lbs of dried pinto beans so I can mix some fiber into my diet, which helps a bit but not that much, since I'd be exchanging diarrhea for gas. Just a special kind of coffee problem I have now.:thumbsup:

Ah that is quite a dilemma, I take a supplement called super seed to keep my system clear (mostly legumes) and read that if soluble fiber causes gastrointestinal discomfort to start with a small amount and work up and your system will acclimate. If you're looking for a caffeine alternative to keep you awake sometimes I take Primatene tablets which is just ephedrine hcl and guaifenesin actualy synergizes realy wel with caffeine but works well enough alone

thoughts on the Death Wish Seasonal Blend.. all in all I ended up liking it at first was a decent tasting coffee beneath the flavor, I took my time going though the bag since I had a lot of other open coffees but I like how it developed over the lifespan of the bag of which I now have the remains cold brewing, the beans continually took on more of the raw spice flavor until they were one and became very intense and almost too much raw spice here and there but people I shared it with seemed to very much enjoy, I was really surprised, was going to re-order but since they're all sold out I think I'm gonna try to make my own and see how it turns out (do they do Christmas?)

Ah that is quite a dilemma, I take a supplement called super seed to keep my system clear (mostly legumes) and read that if soluble fiber causes gastrointestinal discomfort to start with a small amount and work up and your system will acclimate. If you're looking for a caffeine alternative to keep you awake sometimes I take Primatene tablets which is just ephedrine hcl and guaifenesin actualy synergizes realy wel with caffeine but works well enough alone
I'll look into that, but I doubt I'll be using a caffeine alternative. My previous heavy consumption of energy drinks without the accompanying bowel issues would suggest that it's probably just the unfiltered coffee that might be upsetting it, or it could be the creamer.

In any event, a rather unfortunate incident resulted in my mini-expresso pump to be put out of commission, so I put in an order for an Aeropress to see if it lives up to the hype and to see how it compares with the other brewing methods.:thumbsup:

I know Peet's anf Caribou bring out a Holiday blend. The Peet's is different every year, but very good. It is just a coffee blend though.

I know some people don't like Starbucks coffee but they come out with a pretty good Christmas blend every year.

I'll look into that, but I doubt I'll be using a caffeine alternative. My previous heavy consumption of energy drinks without the accompanying bowel issues would suggest that it's probably just the unfiltered coffee that might be upsetting it, or it could be the creamer.

In any event, a rather unfortunate incident resulted in my mini-expresso pump to be put out of commission, so I put in an order for an Aeropress to see if it lives up to the hype and to see how it compares with the other brewing methods.:thumbsup:

A lot of competition winners have been using the aeropress, I don't think you'll be disappointed but it's not quite espresso

I know Peet's anf Caribou bring out a Holiday blend. The Peet's is different every year, but very good. It is just a coffee blend though.

That sounds good

I know some people don't like Starbucks coffee but they come out with a pretty good Christmas blend every year.

I'll drink if someone's buying like a iced machiato thing or something, I saw someone drinking a bag of their Christmas stuff the other day :eek:

Happy National Coffee Day in the US its today September 29th I believe because in my area WAWA is a superb convenience store and today its FREE COFFEE all day.

Oh yeah I used to go to WAWA when I lived in Philly!

Its my home away from home. If I had a choice would not drink any other coffee other than their Columbian. Love it and also the price is unbeatable compared to DD or Starbucks (outrageous $$)

yeah that's true I also heard Death Wish is giving away free coffee all around the country so if interested might want to check out their website to see if they're in your area today

Back