Coffee

Hey guys don't know how I lost track of this thread one of my favorites. Monofletch Monofletch how does the black rifle coffee compare to Goshen coffee? Want to try black rifle but I love my Goshen. (and I know you do too.)

Daniel.

Hey guys don't know how I lost track of this thread one of my favorites.
Sometimes if I don't check a thread when I have an alert for it, it won't show up in my alerts anymore and I have to go find it under my watched threads. Just happened to me with this one and the last couple posts.

As far as coffee goes, I just roasted some Java beans today. Was gonna try to take a short vid, but couldn't come up with a good way to set up the phone to get a decent shot of it.

Where'd everybody go? Hope you are all having a happy 4th today.

Here's a couple quick vids that I shot with my phone. The Java beans that are in the roasting video are not the best quality. They don't seem to want to roast as evenly as others I've had and there have been a number of quakers to pick out also. I normally cover the top of the sifter so I can crank on it faster without losing beans, but you wouldn't be able to see anything if I did that.

This one is brewing some coffee that was roasted about 12-15 hours earlier.

Just posted this on the knives and coffee thread. It's been ridiculously hot lately, so homemade cold brew has been my friend!

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

The new Busse daggers are animals! I've never wanted to stab something so bad with an expensive knife, lmao!

Memorial Day has come and gone...... 4th of July has passed. It must be time for the Christmas in July swap!! Let’s make it simple- I suggest coffee and a user knife. Same rules apply as always. If anyone has any other suggestions please post up. If you want in Post “I’m in” or pm me and let me know.
The official list:
Monofletch

Last edited:
Count me in if we can find a few more people to join. I agree that simple is better.

Well, at least shipping would be cheap. I could just honk as I drive my mail truck past your house!!

Memorial Day has come and gone...... 4th of July has passed. It must be time for the Christmas in July swap!! Let’s make it simple- I suggest coffee and a user knife. Same rules apply as always. If anyone has any other suggestions please post up. If you want in Post “I’m in” or pm me and let me know.
The official list:
MonofletcH
DannyP
TLE Sharp
Ryan Thompson
anthonycastorena2014

Last edited:
I'm in I suppose. The knife part of these is becoming a challenge for me, lol. I find myself with a number of older sub-$100 knives, but they're WELL used! Most of my others are $150+. I'll figure something out, lol. :D

I'm in I suppose. The knife part of these is becoming a challenge for me, lol. I find myself with a number of older sub-$100 knives, but they're WELL used! Most of my others are $150+. I'll figure something out, lol. :D
I like a well used knife. It's the basically new knife with one big scratch that bugs me.

Back