Coffee

I am a coffee nut. I am always looking for something new too try. I figured since we all have such good taste for knives that would carry over to coffee!!!
What are some of your favorite brands/roasts? What do you recommend??

I prefer med-dark roast. I can handle any Sumatra (my favorite) as long as it isn't over roasted like most store bought darks. I like Starbucks Pike's Place roast--Caribou Sumatra--Mississippi MUD dark--and a small St.Louis roaster Thomas Coffee when nothing else is on sale. I know there are a lot of others that I am missing out on. What is a local buy for you that I might not be able to get?

Please list your favorites so I can buy more!!!! :D

Maybe we can get a little "coffee swap" going!!!! HINT HINT!!! :thumbup:

The exchange list.....

Monofletch
Orchunter93

I have tried a bunch, continue to do so, but I always seems to come back to this company for my coffee:

https://www.theroasterie.com/

In particular, their Dark Vengeance from their Dark Line in off the charts good:

https://www.theroasterie.com/coffee/dark-line/full-vengeance-dark-blend

Finally, if you want to take your coffee to an 11 in both taste and various health benefits, my Bomb Proof Coffee Recipe is what you want:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/the-science-of-bomb-proof-coffee/

Last edited:
9E8A8167-5526-4ABD-9198-070E1C172EAB.jpeg I think the key to good coffee is starting with good water.

My secret Santa arrived yesterday!! I thought I was the only early shipper!!! ..... yes, still sealed!!

Package will be sent later today. I'm going to be the devil and tell you to open when you get whoever you are. Fresh beans are best enjoyed fresh after all!

For those who don't know -- there is a noticeable difference between commercial restaurant , diner etc and other types , supermarket etc and I've known this for years .I assume the non-commercial types have a preservative and I have a good reason to believe it . I did a little test recently and found the ' bottom of the barrel " both BK and M now have [ at least in this area ] terrible coffee involving 'toxic encephalopathy ' things . Sorry to be so technical !
So it's back to my local diner !
anybody know where the roasters get their training ?

Last edited:
For those who don't know -- there is a noticeable difference between commercial restaurant , diner etc and other types , supermarket etc and I've known this for years .I assume the non-commercial types have a preservative and I have a good reason to believe it . I did a little test recently and found the ' bottom of the barrel " both BK and M now have [ at least in this area ] terrible coffee involving 'toxic encephalogical ' things . Sorry to be so technical !

Was that the coffee or the water though?

In this area we only have Catskill Mtn Well Water.
But to compare soft vs hard water vs coffee vs tea one works best with coffee the other best with tea.
It's hard to hide toxic encephalopathy as it goes directly into the brain - fast "

For those who don't know -- there is a noticeable difference between commercial restaurant , diner etc and other types , supermarket etc and I've known this for years .I assume the non-commercial types have a preservative and I have a good reason to believe it . I did a little test recently and found the ' bottom of the barrel " both BK and M now have [ at least in this area ] terrible coffee involving 'toxic encephalopathy ' things . Sorry to be so technical !

Huh??? :confused: :rolleyes:

I'm waiting on something else to come in before shipping. Hopefully I will be able to get it there before Christmas, but it's going to be a couple days yet.

Mine will go out early next week. Have some "work" to do this weekend... ;) :D

Got my package from Y'shua today! 3 kinds of unroasted beans and one bag of Guatemala that is roasted (which smells fantastic). There was also a custom fixed blade and a burlap coffee sack.

I thought it was a bit strange at first when I couldn't smell anything before opening the package.:D I wasn't expecting unroasted beans, but it's a good idea. Thanks!

Got my package from Y'shua today! 3 kinds of unroasted beans and one bag of Guatemala that is roasted (which smells fantastic). There was also a custom fixed blade and a burlap coffee sack.

I thought it was a bit strange at first when I couldn't smell anything before opening the package.:D I wasn't expecting unroasted beans, but it's a good idea. Thanks!

Green beans are a good idea for us home roasters! :) :thumbsup: :cool:

I'm just finishing up roasting the last batch of coffee for my secret Santa gift right now. :D

IMG_3397.jpg

Will be going out in tomorrows mail. ;)

You'll have to tell me what you think of the guat, and that Boji roasts really well as light roast, or medium.

Back