1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Coffee

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Monofletch, Nov 23, 2013.

1. WillB

WillB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2007
    I have tried a bunch, continue to do so, but I always seems to come back to this company for my coffee:

https://www.theroasterie.com/

In particular, their Dark Vengeance from their Dark Line in off the charts good:

https://www.theroasterie.com/coffee/dark-line/full-vengeance-dark-blend

Finally, if you want to take your coffee to an 11 in both taste and various health benefits, my Bomb Proof Coffee Recipe is what you want:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/the-science-of-bomb-proof-coffee/

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    9E8A8167-5526-4ABD-9198-070E1C172EAB.jpeg I think the key to good coffee is starting with good water.

My secret Santa arrived yesterday!! I thought I was the only early shipper!!! ..... yes, still sealed!!

WillB likes this.
  3. Y'shua

Y'shua Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Package will be sent later today. I'm going to be the devil and tell you to open when you get whoever you are. Fresh beans are best enjoyed fresh after all!

dannyp likes this.
  4. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    Devil or saint?

5. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    For those who don't know -- there is a noticeable difference between commercial restaurant , diner etc and other types , supermarket etc and I've known this for years .I assume the non-commercial types have a preservative and I have a good reason to believe it . I did a little test recently and found the ' bottom of the barrel " both BK and M now have [ at least in this area ] terrible coffee involving 'toxic encephalopathy ' things . Sorry to be so technical !
    So it's back to my local diner !
    anybody know where the roasters get their training ?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  6. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp The Looking Edge Sharpening Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 30, 2016
    Was that the coffee or the water though?

7. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    In this area we only have Catskill Mtn Well Water.
    But to compare soft vs hard water vs coffee vs tea one works best with coffee the other best with tea.
    It's hard to hide toxic encephalopathy as it goes directly into the brain - fast "

8. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Huh??? :confused: :rolleyes:

9. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    With 10 days left I couldn’t take it any longer!!
    As you can see I have already busted in the Breakfast Blend- WOW! I am so glad I opened this box!! ZT coffee mug- custom fixed blade- fillet knife- and a Gerber Paraframe!
    Thank you Ryan!

820B74AF-C3A1-4838-9769-4F0040CAB4A4.jpeg

T.L.E. Sharp and dannyp like this.
  10. dannyp

dannyp Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm waiting on something else to come in before shipping. Hopefully I will be able to get it there before Christmas, but it's going to be a couple days yet.

11. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    You still have a few days before it starts to get a little close.

12. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I'm putting mine together now. Picking up beans from my favorite spots around Chicago.

13. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    Such a small town.....

14. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Mine will go out early next week. Have some "work" to do this weekend... ;) :D

15. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
    Got my package from Y'shua today! 3 kinds of unroasted beans and one bag of Guatemala that is roasted (which smells fantastic). There was also a custom fixed blade and a burlap coffee sack.

[​IMG]

I thought it was a bit strange at first when I couldn't smell anything before opening the package.:D I wasn't expecting unroasted beans, but it's a good idea. Thanks!

T.L.E. Sharp and Monofletch like this.
  16. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Green beans are a good idea for us home roasters! :) :thumbsup: :cool:

I'm just finishing up roasting the last batch of coffee for my secret Santa gift right now. :D

IMG_3397.jpg

Will be going out in tomorrows mail. ;)

dannyp likes this.
  17. Y'shua

Y'shua Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 11, 2015
    You'll have to tell me what you think of the guat, and that Boji roasts really well as light roast, or medium.

18. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    I have had some of Danny’s home roast- it is wonderful

dannyp likes this.
  19. dannyp

Nov 25, 2007
    Thanks, I appreciate it.:thumbsup:

On a related note, I should hopefully ship my package out tomorrow.

20. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    The curiosity and the smell of coffee beans got to me. I had to open it! And what a wonderful Secret Santa gift! Knives of all varieties and delicious coffee. I wasted no time ripping open the Iron Bean. Thanks John!

3DD5DFB7-EE7B-4518-AA67-021CCA8C5A7A.jpeg

Monofletch and dannyp like this.