Coffee

Cool!
The pre-ground Du Monde is the ticket, the whole bean Vietnamese coffee I bought is good but it funks up my Baratza too much. Also funks the Aeropress a bit, so that dedicated filter keeps your other gear unfunked...
One tip.
When you pour the water over the top filter keep a finger on the steel handle thing to keep the filter in place. It goes sideways otherwise.
Have fun.
I forgot to look down the pipe does this steel filter twist down tight by chance?

La Colombe Escorpion from El Salvador courtesy of Barman1 Barman1 , thanks Wayne!

JAvOEKo.jpg

I was going to try these beansthis morning in an aeropress, but I haven't figured out where I put it yet since our move into the new place. So ended up whipping out the french press.
EIkHHRc.jpg

N8zorBZ.jpg

Tasty brew!
fr3bpEP.jpg

I can never get repeat results with my French press. Some days it is fabulous and the next almost un drinkable

Some days it is fabulous and the next almost un drinkable
Are you using a timer? If you under extract, it will be sour. Over extraction will make it bitter. An inconsistent grind can also cause this because the extraction will not be even throughout the grounds.

Probably all of the above. I do not use a timer but I usually let it go for about 4-5 minutes then I pour it into a stainless carafe

I almost follow these instructions. The only thing that I don't do is plunge all the way down. I plunge about halfway and then bring it back up a bit. Although I find that I only do a french press once in a blue moon. I definitely prefer the ease of a drip machine. I was doing a lot of aeropress's at work but my coworkers at my old job were looking at me like a hipster freak so I stopped and started using this press that my wife got me, lol. She got me that aeropress too, come to think of it!

https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/brew-guides/french-press

I'll drink coffee any way you give it to me. Bitter, sweet, dark, blonde, it doesn't matter to me. If it's coffee I'll drink it :p

My daughter is going to Costa Rica next month with school. They are visiting a coffee plantation as part of their trip. I had to get prepared!!!
My new Protech from Barman1!!

3FF22A6F-C2C2-4B81-8CB6-32AAF72E5DAC.jpeg

Anyone want to swap some coffee? Maybe a couple of bags for a couple of bags? Nothing else, just coffee. Let me know!

Back