Coffee

I got my box from Ryan today. The Roastery 7 Breakfast Blend is my favorite MN coffee. If you guys haven’t had Iron Bean coffee you are missing out!!
Civivi Praxis Damascus- WOW! It’s a beauty!! The green tube is a Break Free micro oiler.
Thanks Ryan!

E90F5B8A-1954-4F56-A0F0-DD90DDBF8725.jpeg

IMG-20190708-145125-712.jpg

Further modification on the little Factor here. I think I'm probably done. Happy with the handle and gave the blade a little trim so it's a bit more stabby. Of course it's been sharpened too.

Thanks again dannyp dannyp . I've carried the knife a ton and really enjoyed the coffee. The Kuva is excellent!

Just got this in today. I had used up the last of my green coffee right before my package arrived from Josh. Figured I should stock up a little bit since they had some on sale. Grabbed a couple burlap sacks with the order too. I like them for photo backgrounds and I've also thought about making a couple into wall hangings.

I am just finishing up that Intelligencia Columbian bag. I really like the Olympia too. Not many times I catch a taste of wild strawberry in my coffee and like it.

How are you liking that Big Trouble blend Josh? I had it in my Thermidor for a few weeks. As espresso the acidity is a punch in the palate. I enjoyed it as an Americano.

Hey Seth that PM3 LW got innovation do the year at blade. I think that’s a hell of a thing. It’s hard to explain but spyderco did an outstanding job making the FRN version feel as solid as the G10 model. It’s crazy lightweight, very well ground, and feels like a full frame folder.

There is no such thing as strong coffee, only weak people! I prefer using my french press but also use a Kuerig since I'm the only person in the house that drinks coffee. I just learned that blonde roasts have more caffeine than dark roasts - who would have thunk it!

There is no such thing as strong coffee, only weak people!
:D
I like that! As far as light roast having more caffeine, that might not necessarily be true depending on how the coffee is measured. https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/blog/caffeine-myths-dark-vs-light I think the caffeine content is more dependent on the variety of coffee plant than the roast itself. Arabica has less than robusta, which is often used in the higher caffeine coffee blends and it has more of a bitter flavor than the arabica beans.

Generally speaking lighter roasts do have more caffeine, but it may be better stated as you said, it’s just a side effect of higher roasting temps. Caffeine actively degrades as the beans roast. The new dark roasts are absolutely contrary to that basic rule. That’s entirely due to specific brands picking choice strains and making choice blends. I think that general rule will be a thing of the past. Coffee is getting very very well rounded in its gourmet nature, much like wine. Good times to come my friend. I think the micro cog of small batch roasting and choice selected beans for curated blends is still developing. Most of the work force still think Starbucks is gourmet coffee. Even more people don’t know the difference between pure coffee and chicory blends. I think the power houses of Folgers and Maxwell house will always be around but hopefully the average person paying $5 for a cup of coffee will ask a few more questions and buy smarter for their home brewing. The more of those people that buy beans, the more likely we will get better access to kick ass roasters and market growth to develop new ones.

Coffee is getting very very well rounded in its gourmet nature, much like wine. Good times to come my friend. I think the micro cog of small batch roasting and choice selected beans for curated blends is still developing.

Good times for those who have the $$$ to pay for the gourmet nature, maybe.:D

Seriously, creating good blends is a very underappreciated skill with single origin coffee being such a big trend for a while now. I think as more people experience good coffee, it will keep improving. There will probably always be those who just want the easiest or cheapest stuff they can get, though.

How are you liking that Big Trouble blend Josh? I had it in my Thermidor for a few weeks. As espresso the acidity is a punch in the palate. I enjoyed it as an Americano.
Love it. We're making those awesome ones you sent last as long as possible.

Rose is hypoglycemic and kombucha atleast every other day keeps her blood sugar more stable.
20190720_224636-1030x810.jpg
And some knife content, my current project.

Judging by how deep those screws are set, that antler looks pretty thick compared to the factory scales.

Absolutely, that has been my biggest frustration. Looking at other stag covers it isn't that uncommon but I usually get a grip a lot thinner. I can't take it thinner without either losing the edges or losing the texture on the top. Fortunately the guy who commissioned it wants plenty of white showing.

Oh yeah, it's definitely pretty common to see them thick or oddly shaped. Just part of working with natural materials like that. I thought that they were usually thinned down by removing material from the back side. I guess there is still a limit from that direction before you make it too narrow to cover the liners completely.

I seem to remember a couple good threads about stag in the Traditional forum, but it's been a long time since I read them.

Back