Coffee

I did a little searching to find some twists other people do, some ones I thought were kind of cool, something homemade, a re-gift, a 2nd beverage type.. we could also add a brief questionnaire to help with likes, ideas, sizing etc.

I got my Jamaican Blue mountain coffee today. It is really low acid and smooth. I definitely like it!View attachment 1211953

Quoting you from a different thread, but thought the reply would be more appropriate here.

Note that this is a JBM blend. Just in case you aren't aware, JBM "blends" can have very little actual JBM in them, and many are mostly Brazilian, sometimes also blended with Costa Rican. Be wary if the roaster doesn't specify how much JBM is actually used, it could be as little as 5%.

Same thing goes for Kona blends. A 100% JBM bag of coffee will generally run ~$40 - $50.

Quoting you from a different thread, but thought the reply would be more appropriate here.

Note that this is a JBM blend. Just in case you aren't aware, JBM "blends" can have very little actual JBM in them, and many are mostly Brazilian, sometimes also blended with Costa Rican. Be wary if the roaster doesn't specify how much JBM is actually used, it could be as little as 5%.

Same thing goes for Kona blends. A 100% JBM bag of coffee will generally run ~$40 - $50.
Thankyou, that's good information to have. So sad about how much misrepresentation there is on so many products these days

Thankyou, that's good information to have. So sad about how much misrepresentation there is on so many products these days

Yes, sad indeed. You're very welcome.

There was a push at one point that JBM blends disclose the percentage of JBM beans, but for obvious reasons it failed.

Spyderco PM2 in 52100 Carbon steel with a mustard forced patina

IMG_4576.jpg

The last cup of this batch of Flores Laga Lizu Gnung Gedha. Flores is a new origin for me, and I quite like it! :thumbsup: (the stuff floating on the surface are oil droplets... :cool:) I roasted a batch of a Nicaraguan at the same time, and they're pretty darn similar.

Last edited:
I guess we will start our Secret Santa talk around the first of the month. Think about what you guys want to do...... if you want to do it.

I'm in, have to think about what to do.

IMG_4632.jpg

Matej Uncovsky "Dark Series" Ti folder in RWL34, Brazil Dry Process Fazenda Campos Altos just before beginning work on replacing the thermostat in my car.

Back