Coffee

I can’t imagine trying to blend my own beans. I have enough trouble finding consistently enjoyable brews which remain accessible. I may give it a whirl, the local roasters are notoriously friendly and will open a small retail store in the factory early 2020.

Right now I am finishing up some Caribou Mahogany and Kicking Horse Grizzly claw. Each do well in the Thermador. I have a nice bag of Brown Bean roasters Sylvan holiday blend waiting. It’s always interesting to see how the beans do in the machine. I used to only drink Lavazza and Illy since everything this makes is espresso based. Problem was espresso beans make crappy Americanos compared to a decent dark roast or nice blend.

Now that’s how I prefer my coffee, it even says so on my coffee cup
oR0YcH3.jpg

Color me annoyed right now. I dropped my SS gift box off at the PO yesterday evening, and the collection box inside said it gets collected at 8am (main reason I went to the larger local HUB versus the closer PO). However, the package tracking still has not updated. o_O

Now I have to track down who sent this great Xmas gift!

The Cantabria mug is a dead giveaway.

@cchu518 I agree with SpyderPhreak about the beans being more important than the roaster, but the skill and experience of the roaster matters too. Back when I had first started roasting Y'shua sent me some coffee that I really liked. I happened to come across some of the same origin for sale and bought it. I really struggled to get good results with it. It could have been because the quality of my beans weren't as good to start with, because I was new to it, or because he has professional roasting equipment compared to my homemade setup. There are multiple factors that go into how good it will turn out.

I think the K-cup deal is probably just customers asking those roasters to make them available. There are a ton of people who use those machines.

dannyp dannyp you guys got it worse up in the city. We got maybe 3”

I don't think we got much more than that, but I went outside to clean some vehicles off and the side streets here are just sheets of ice right now.

I should hopefully have my package shipped out by Tuesday at the latest. The only thing I have to do is decide what I'm going to send and get all of it.:D

Back