Coffee

1975 Puma 941 and restock
HAq44YK.jpg

I'm going to try Iron Bean-Cast Iron soon...
"Mono Knows Coffee"
Seriously, several year ago Monofletch talked about Joe Bean
ETHIOPIA GELANA ABAYA. It was the best Ethiopian I've ever had. Its still in my favorites list.

Last edited:
I will just say; I don't need my coffee to grow hair on normally hairless body parts.
I like a medium roast.

I tried the Kona Blend from Costco this evening with friends who came to the house for dinner. We all enjoyed it and for $12 for two lbs of beans, not a bad deal. I sent our friends home with a ziplock with half of my Kona stash. What are friends for, anyway?

best

mqqn

Roasted some Yemen Mocha Ishmaili this morning, something I've been meaning to do for a long time.
Now I know what genuine Mocha tastes like! It is a very satisfying cup of coffee. Waves of endorphins go through your body after every sip, LOL.
Right out of the roaster (right before 2C) it actually tastes more like cocoa than coffee. A bit winey, and a light but very detectable acidity, but not much fruitiness. After resting a few days some more of the coffee flavor should develop.

Last edited:
Roasted some Yemen Mocha Ishmaili this morning, something I've been meaning to do for a long time.
Now I know what genuine Mocha tastes like! It is a very satisfying cup of coffee. Waves of endorphins go through your body after every sip, LOL.
Right out of the roaster (right before 2C) it actually tastes more like cocoa than coffee. A bit winey, and a light but very detectable acidity, but not much fruitiness. After resting a few days some more of the coffee flavor should develop.
DrHenley,
Sounds good..I like bittersweet chocolate. When I was young and didn't have to watch my weight, I loved hot chocolate and coffee.
I just signed in to Iron bean.
Next order...
Rage Against the Dying of the Light
Integrity
Cast Iron
Drink From the Skull of Your Enemy
I can' wait!

DrHenley,
Sounds good..I like bittersweet chocolate.
LOL, then you might not like it. It's more like SWEET chocolate.

Imagining back when coffee first started going global and people started trying coffee from places other than Mocha...
"What's wrong with this coffee, it's not sweet!"
"Try putting some sugar in it and see if that makes it taste right."
"That's better but it is still missing something. I doesn't have that chocolaty taste."
"Try putting some cocoa powder in it."
"Now it's starting to taste right."

LOL

IMG_20200302_153018_748.jpg
Started carrying this Grip from the secret Santa swap. Ordered some aftermarket scales for it and trying to decide if I should switch to a deep carry clip instead.

Cast Iron and a Spydie Chef!

My wife swears the Costa Rican coffee has the strongest chocolate notes. Some of those coffees if you add a tiny bit of cream and sugar the chocolate notes are even stronger.
I had some Chromatic Honduran that Spyderphreak sent me and it was super chocolaty! It is in my top 3 all time favorites!!

21DFA946-E7D4-4980-85E5-420509B61113.jpeg

Back