Coffee

sbh06 sbh06
Is it light, dark, medium? Give us some details please!!!
It looks to have a bit of medium and dark roast beans mixed in. Chocolate caramel smell of the beans. Very smooth coffee with little acidity. Chocolate and some fruit taste (cherry?)come through in the taste as well.

Now I have to order a bunch!
Just checked their website...44 bags of unicorn in stock. Also, looked at some recent reviews and found out that what I got was likely butter cream Guatemalan.

"Just checked their website...44 bags of unicorn in stock. Also, looked at some recent reviews and found out that what I got was likely butter cream Guatemalan."
sbh06,
Do you think it's flavorer? Sounds like it.

There won’t be 44 in stock anymore.

Order placed.

I already have an order coming from them, but wanted to try this out based on the reviews. And I like supporting them.

"Just checked their website...44 bags of unicorn in stock. Also, looked at some recent reviews and found out that what I got was likely butter cream Guatemalan."
sbh06,
Do you think it's flavorer? Sounds like it.
There is a good chance, unfortunately. At any rate it is still really good.

ETA: reread the review comment. It is flavored.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up on the Iron Bean sale awhile back guys! :cool: :thumbsup: I got some Cast Iron, Ride or Die, Thor, and the med. roast Rocko. They're ALL good, but I'm especially liking the Rocko (good fruity notes, but not super over-powering) and Ride or Die.

I didn't see any chocolate nibs in the Ride or Die, and asked Fred at Iron Bean about it. He said that they break down into powder during roasting, and coat the beans in raw cocoa powder. No wonder that bag smells SO wonderful!!! Coffee and chocolate, two of my favorite things that go so well together! :cool: :D

The Cast Iron is just straight-up good coffee. Like coffee should be. :)

Back