Coffee

I knew the next Unicorn was going to be Cinnamon crumble, but I guess you got some blueberry leftovers!!

Understand that Iron Beans Unicorn changes constantly. The description says “Who the hell knows what’s in the bag”. It’s their experiments.

I knew the next Unicorn was going to be Cinnamon crumble, but I guess you got some blueberry leftovers!!

Understand that Iron Beans Unicorn changes constantly. The description says “Who the hell knows what’s in the bag”. It’s their experiments.
I actually got pretty close in my description of the scent. I told Fred I thought it was maybe cherry (definitely fruity smelling), with a hint of cinnamon, but saw something that said carrot cake, so I was really stumped. He said I was close, lol.

Yeah, I knew going into it that I might get a flavored one, but was hoping for a new origin or something. This one could work, gotta brew a little bit to try. Give me an hour or so. ;)

I thought the same when I opened the blueberry, but it was actually pretty damn good- I ordered 2 more bags!!

Brewed up a small batch of this Unicorn in my CCD. Not bad, but not great IMO. Smells better and much stronger than it tastes. I even tried some heavy cream to see if that made it more palatable to me. Nope, bummer. I'm just not a fan of flavored coffees I guess. :( Oh well, it won't get wasted.

i got some unicorn a few months back - i cant name the flavor, but its not good to me.
im a little scared to order more

did get a suggestion somewhere for wink coffee - and the blonde roast is very nice

Back to local coffee....YEA!
VFyAWAr.jpg

U.-H.

I'm kind of surprised the Fact hasn't been more popular or talked about on the forum. Seems like a nice, slim carry. Congrats on the Shiro, too.:cool:

A few recent coffees with a few new knives... :eek:
BM 417BK Fact
View attachment 1394991
May have to take a look at that Benchmade.

Added: Looked up the 417 Fact. With about a 4" blade, I doubt I would carry it. But it appeals to me and I would like to look at one in person. Sort of like the Boker Urban Trapper, but better (more expensive too).

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised the Fact hasn't been more popular or talked about on the forum. Seems like a nice, slim carry.

Yeah, I am surprised that the Fact hasn't gotten more popular. It's a little bit thicker in the handle than I was expecting, but it's a pretty thin profile overall, and I really like it. Definitely pointy! :cool: Carries quite well in the back pocket.

I've been keeping an eye out for one since it was released, but the right one for me never hit the secondary market, lol. Found a local B&M dealer near where I'm at for work right now having a nice sale, and the price was right, so I couldn't help myself. :oops: I would have preferred a satin blade, but this isn't their normal BK-cote; I'm pretty sure it's PVD or Cerakote. Plus, sale was only for in-store items. I can live with that. ;)

Congrats on the Shiro, too.:cool:

Thanks, it's my first Shiro. GREAT deal from a forum member, where my working graveyard shift paid off! :D Here's another (better) pic:

IMG_2186.jpg

May have to take a look at that Benchmade.

Added: Looked up the 417 Fact. With about a 4" blade, I doubt I would carry it. But it appeals to me and I would like to look at one in person. Sort of like the Boker Urban Trapper, but better (more expensive too).
It's nicer in person than I had imagined! :thumbsup: It doesn't seem like a 4" blade, being so narrow. Definitely a stiletto profile.

A couple shots from the past weekend with my Gold Class Bugout. :cool:

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

A couple different coffees here. First was a Sweet Maria's Polar Expresso (lol at the incorrect, but correct, spelling in the play on the movie), which I'm come to really like, I'll have to grab some this year once it's available. I've never tried it until staying with my buddy here in CA. Then, a SM Espresso Workshop blend, the #44, Carga Larga. Best way I can describe it is "nougat"; Sweet and nutty, with a bit of a caramel note. :thumbsup:

Lovin' this premium, lightweight little guy! :cool:

IMG_2245.jpg

Most folks don't realize that the "ghost" carbon fiber scales on this knife glow blue. :cool: That's where the "ghost" name comes from. Also, there's a sheet of glow material behind the blue c-tek too! It's a pretty cool, but subtle, effect. The glow doesn't stay terribly well-charged for too long, but neat nonetheless. :)

IMG_2247.jpg

Back