Coffee

Holy crap you guys!!! :eek: I'm still tryin' to figure out what to get for mine... :oops:

I will settle for a 2021 Ranger Raptor.... save you some money!

Same here - I had the fresh coffee just arriving, so...

I recc
I am a coffee nut. I am always looking for something new too try. I figured since we all have such good taste for knives that would carry over to coffee!!!
What are some of your favorite brands/roasts? What do you recommend??

I prefer med-dark roast. I can handle any Sumatra (my favorite) as long as it isn't over roasted like most store bought darks. I like Starbucks Pike's Place roast--Caribou Sumatra--Mississippi MUD dark--and a small St.Louis roaster Thomas Coffee when nothing else is on sale. I know there are a lot of others that I am missing out on. What is a local buy for you that I might not be able to get?

Please list your favorites so I can buy more!!!! :D

Maybe we can get a little "coffee swap" going!!!! HINT HINT!!! :thumbup:

The exchange list.....

Monofletch
Orchunter93
I recommend death wish coffee or black rifle coffee. Devil Mountain Coffee: black label is good. WARNING: death wish and devil mountain coffee has extremely high caffeine content. do not drink it if you have heart issues.

Caffeine is one of my vices. I drink it with nothing added, so it has to be good coffee. (Any swill will do if drunk with cream and sugar.) I don't care for dark roasts, so I steer clear of Starbucks.

For the last 5 or so years I have bought unground Sumatra regular roast from coffeebeandirect, an online outfit which specializes in shipping various varieties and blends. I get together with four fellow caffeine aficionados from work. We each buy 5 pounds of individual favorites. A 25 pound order qualifies for free shipping. Five pounds will last me about a month and a half.

I use a Melita cone filter and grind the beans while I am boiling water. Simple system. A bit time consuming in the morning, but it makes superlative coffee. I prefer this to anything else I have ever tasted.

Trader Joes usually has decent coffee at a decent price.

African coffees are good. Kenya AA and Tanzanian Peaberry are very flavorful.

I avoid South American coffees. They tend to be more acidic, and with a less complete flavor.
I drink Death Wish Coffee. It has high caffeine content and low acidity AMAZING coffee!

I recc

I recommend death wish coffee or black rifle coffee. Devil Mountain Coffee: black label is good. WARNING: death wish and devil mountain coffee has extremely high caffeine content. do not drink it if you have heart issues.

You should try Iron Bean Coffee Co. Better than either of those two IMO. The Fierce is their more caffeinated version.

I drink Death Wish Coffee. It has high caffeine content and low acidity AMAZING coffee!

FYI, not all Death Wish coffee is extra high in caffeine.

Iron Bean, Jittery Joe’s, Yellowstone, Koffee Kult..... are among my favorites.

Iron Bean Ride or Die
Yellowstone Big Sky
Jittery Joe’s Pylon
Koffee Kult Holiday Blend

It's original coffee does. and Devil Mountain Coffee is amazing! what coffee do you like best?

Best? That's a really hard answer, a lot of great places to choose from these days. Chromatic in CA, Iron Bean, and my local place 5 minutes from my house here in CO, Corvus (mentioned a page or two back) are all great.

But none hold a candle to my home-roasted coffee. :) As good as most of these places are, I still like my home-roast the best.

No, that was my Black Friday shopping.
Awesome!!! :cool: :thumbsup: I wasn't paying attention, and missed that Iron Bean Raging Tiger release. :( Would have really liked to have tried it. Maybe next year.

Back