Coffee

Anyone tried any new coffee that’s been a winner?
Everything that I have tried from Fire Dept Coffee, especially Light Roast, Donut Shop, and Skull-Crushing Espresso, have been awesome.

Yes. This one.

TJ Coffee.jpg

From TJ. Yes, from TJ. Don't care much for TJ's regular coffees, especially since they stopped carrying the Kenya AA (at least around here), but I have had good luck with some of their limited edition / select harvest offerings. This is my all-time favorite from TJ. Pricier than the "regular" TJ coffees, but well worth it, and it stands up to anything I'm able to get from my local gourmet roasting shops, like Beanetics (where I usually buy their Yirgacheffe). However, like all of these limited edition / select harvest coffees from TJ, I don't think I will be able to get it again after this batch is all sold. So I'm enjoying it until it's gone. Delicious!

Really love Moose Drool whole Bean. The name may make your stomach turn and I had some family not even touch it but as the old saying goes....."judge a book by its cover and ......your loss". :p
I like moose drool beer, Ill have to give the Coffee a try:)

Actually, I haven't ordered coffee in months, just been working through my green beans. Not a bad thing, there's some awesome stuff in there! However, my local place sent me an email coupon, since I hadn't been by for awhile, so I picked up this Kenya yesterday. It's good. :)

IMG_7172.jpg

An update to my post. I have already received a replacement for my Redline and you cant ask for any better customer service and warranty then that, painless. That said I am a technivorm convert, it makes a great cup of coffee. I am a pour over guy but this might make me lazy!
Good news / bad news. Glad they replaced it, but too bad it failed.

There are a LOT of new machines on the scene, but it's hard to beat a 'Vorm. They are really well made, but as I found out, if anything goes wrong, the ONLY thing you can do is send it in, to The Netherlands. I managed to fix the borosilicate glass tube on my own, but finding the correct sized metric tube was not terribly easy. Nobody to blame but myself, I tore it apart to clean it well and te tube rolled off the table... 😬

They are essentially as close as you can get to an automated pour over IMO. I like to fill it up and "pause" it, and let the coffee steep (like a press) for a couple extra minutes. It's a bit more work, you have to babysit it so it doen't overflow, and the basket only holds about half what the pot do (so you have to do this twice in a single pot), but it makes a killer good cup!!! :thumbsup: I think the extra work is worth the resulting cup.

Last edited:
Actually, I haven't ordered coffee in months, just been working through my green beans. Not a bad thing, there's some awesome stuff in there! However, my local place sent me an email coupon, since I hadn't been by for awhile, so I picked up this Kenya yesterday. It's good. :)

View attachment 1609932

There are a LOT of new machines on the scene, but it's hard to beat a 'Vorm. They are really well made, but as I found out, if anything goes wrong, the ONLY thing you can do is send it in, to The Netherlands. I managed to fix the borosilicate glass tube on my own, but finding the correct sized metric tube was not terribly easy. Nobody to blame but myself, I tore it apart to clean it well and te tube rolled off the table... 😬

They are essentially as close as you can get to an automated pour over IMO. I like to fill it up and "pause" it, and let the coffee steep (like a press) for a couple extra minutes. It's a bit more work, you have to babysit it so it doen't overflow, and the basket only holds about half what the pot do (so you have to do this twice in a single pot), but it makes a killer good cup!!! :thumbsup: I think the extra work is worth the resulting cup.
Technivorm convert here, too. I have owned and used just about everything, from a regular Braun auto drip, to an old fashioned percolator, to a French press, to a moka pot, to a muy espensivo Jura superauto (great coffee; terrible reliability), to a Nespresso machine, to (yes) a K-cup brewer, to the Aeropress . . . and finally the Technivorm Moccamaster. For me, the Technivorm hits the sweet spot of taste, convenience, cost and reliability. It ended my search.

Although the Redline looks interesting . . . like someone cloned a Technivorm and are selling at about 1/3 the price. Might try it if I outlive my Technivorm.

View attachment 1609932

I’ve never had a Kenya coffee. I’ve looked at them a few times but never pulled the trigger

Back