Coffin handle Bowie

This is one of the last two I finished a Coffin handle vest Bowie 6 3/4 inch blade 1095 15n20 Damascus. Guard,spacer and frame forged wrought iron. Nickel silver accents and pins. 5 inch ironwood Frame handle with inlaid copper bearing stone. The customer wanted me to incorporate a cross into the design and a piece of stone from his father. Thanks for looking
YFbOLiel.jpg

YFbOLiel.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. With the piece of stone from his father and the cross, this knife must have a very special meaning for the owner. You did a great design and I am sure he will treasure this knife forever.

Yes sir... You knocked that one right out of the park.
That is a design that will be passed down for lord knows how many generations.

That sir, is an achievement.

What a beautiful knife. Im curious about the curled section at the edge just before the handle. Is it a variation of the spanish notch or for aestethics?

Beautiful work. The inlay looks perfect in the flow of the ironwood.

What a beautiful knife. Im curious about the curled section at the edge just before the handle. Is it a variation of the spanish notch or for aestethics?

That is an excellent question.
I was curious about that feature myself

Is that actually a rolled tang or is it carved in? In any case it is a beautiful feature, and IMHO completes or strongly compliments the overall design.
There are too many features on that knife even ask about... They all flow into one gorgeous creation.

Thank very much for the comments guys. That is just a variation of a Spanish notch made by drilling and hole and using a jewelers saw before heat treat and sand paper and diamond files to clean it up after hardening.
Gilbert

Back