Cohutta Model Specs

RobbieB

Gold Member
Lots of folks here have mentioned the quality of Russell's knives, so I started looking around for them. I couldn't find a list of all the models, so I started gathering specs on all I could find. With some information from Russell and pictures from Choppaman Choppaman and @Warrior108, below are the results of those efforts. I have to really thank these guys as the pictures really make this something useful. And I obviously have to thank C Cohutta for making these awesome knives in the first place.

This compilation is intended to answer questions like:
  • What's the overall and blade lengths on this model?
  • What is the blade shape on that model?
  • Does this model have a guard?
  • Does that model have a palm swell?
  • What does the butt end look like on this model?
It is also to provide a visual comparison between models. The images are approximately to scale so you can get a visual indication of their relative sizes.

If there are any errors or omissions, please let me know and I'll get them corrected.

If looking these over gets you dreaming of the Cohutta you'd like to own, you can jump over to the Cohutta Wish List thread at https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cohutta-wish-list.1589281/#post-18153346 and describe that dream.

For a sortable list of the information below, go here.

51305107804_0345242814_o.jpg

EDIT 4/10/2018: Added MTBmonkey MTBmonkey 's Conasauga
EDIT 4/13/2018: Added Baby Bearpen
EDIT 4/16/2018: Added Choppaman Choppaman 's Micro Strebig
EDIT 4/23/2018: Added Bushcraft Classic from Kevin Estela
EDIT 6/2/2018: Added new model: Appalachian Skinner
EDIT 6/8/2018: Added Lady1911 Lady1911 's Utility
EDIT 7/5/2018: Added Big Frog Chopper
EDIT 7/19/2018: Added MTBmonkey MTBmonkey 's Bearpen
EDIT 9/1/2018: Added Mountaintown EDC
EDIT 9/12/2018: Added Talona
EDIT 9/12/2018: Added MTBmonkey MTBmonkey 's Mountaintown
EDIT 10/07/2018: Added B&T and two new models yet to be named
EDIT 11/04/2018: Added name for the two new models: Ridge Runner and Tioga.
EDIT 2/15/2019: Added Finch, Tioga Hunter, Alaculsy and Wolfpen
EDIT 5/28/2019: Added Kephart, Bush Tool, Camp Crafter, Little Alaculsy
EDIT 6/12/2019: Added Mini Classic and Puukkos
EDIT 2/23/2020: Added Appalachian Bowie, Kenai Hunter and Sloyd. Thanks Choppaman Choppaman !
EDIT 2/23/2020: Added Fishcharmer Fishcharmer 's Forester. Thank you!
EDIT 6/27/2020: Added Fishcharmer Fishcharmer 's Baby B&T. Thank you!
EDIT 8/22/2020: Added @ngomong's Hiker Puukko. Thanks!
EDIT 07/11/2021: Added Fishcharmer Fishcharmer 's Drop Point Rouge, Little Bantam, Little Tellico, Mini Drop Point Rouge, Mini Nomad and Nomad! Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I won't clutter this thread with user pics, but I have had an Ocoee for over a year now and love it. It fits my hand like it was made for it. I have what I believe is a Toccoa also, and like it very much, but it is thinner and lighter and I really like the heft of the Ocoee in use.

Anyone have specs and a picture (similar to the above) for any of the following?
  • A.G.
  • Bushcraft Classic
  • Panther Creek

Was that Micro Strebig finished up?

Anyone have specs and a picture (similar to the above) for any of the following?
  • A.G.
  • Bushcraft Classic
  • Panther Creek

Was that Micro Strebig finished up?
I’m late to the party as usual, but the A.G is the Toccoa, and the Panther Creek is the Tellico. I can’t edit my Instagram posts or the names would be correct. One of those “stick a name on it even if it don’t fit” moments :oops:

The first micro Strebig was finished up. Choppaman Choppaman posted specs and pictures on his Instagram this morning

Lady1911 Lady1911 recently posted a picture of a "Cohutta Utility" elsewhere, and I really like the foreshortened proportions of the one glimpse I've seen.

I came here to see if the model has been displayed or referenced before, and am coming up empty. Is this a newer model? Anyone else have one? I'm especially interested in seeing pictures with other known fixed blade knife patterns, which for me means Fiddlebacks.

What'chall gots?

~ P.

Lady1911 Lady1911 recently posted a picture of a "Cohutta Utility" elsewhere, and I really like the foreshortened proportions of the one glimpse I've seen.

I came here to see if the model has been displayed or referenced before, and am coming up empty. Is this a newer model? Anyone else have one? I'm especially interested in seeing pictures with other known fixed blade knife patterns, which for me means Fiddlebacks.

What'chall gots?

~ P.
I told C Cohutta i wanted one when i saw Lady1911 Lady1911 buying it. I know there only a couple out there.

What'chall gots?

~ P.

Lady1911 has the only one that wasn't sold locally so far. Its a model I have had for a while, but not many produced. More will be in the works soon!

R RobbieB thank you again for putting this list together! Awesome job and a tremendous help to me and the folks interested in my knives! It was great getting to meet and chat with you at the show

What'chall gots?

~ P.
So, I guess this is your way of saying “tag - you’re IT!”?? ;)

I’ll see if I can put up a few pics over the next few days, but fair warning....I cannot even come close to the awesome comparison-style pics of RobbieB, Comprehensivist, Warrior108, yourself, and so many others.

For now, this is all I’ve got, but there’s more to come:

Back