COHUTTA PICS

Pizza is my favorite thing to cook on my Firebox Stove.

Trail pizza is awesome. A girl that used to be one of the editors for Backpacker magazine, may still be, did some youtube videos on recipes years ago and I learned a pizza recipe from her that I really like, especially with the addition of a few wild edibles. I am working on a couple of articles for a magazine that go into spring wild edibles and trail recipes, which fortunately is also working well with the time constraints of my life as I g about collecting images for the wild edible discussion at the festival next month. I think I am going to add another facet to it, and also collect some images for another trail recipe for an article for the Fiddleback Website as well. I should probably get a new portable stove just to show more people how to do it, but with my finances I think it ill just be open fire...

2v2EtEBUjxurAoi.jpg

Hey all I wanted to share that I am very impressed with Russell's work. Just took me a while to get in the game.

Below is an Alaculsy with Koa and a Conasuaga with Bog Oak.

Sheath work is by Sarah Blakely at Soul Bound Leather. This is her SBL4 model for 4" blades that happened to be a perfect fit for both knives. She is a great emerging talent.

It's a good day...

2YcvHjB.jpg

lu1olTu.jpg

Where are theses mountains? Nice.

These were taken at Waterrock Knob, 6293' elevation, part of the Plott Balsams in western North Carolina. The Blue Ridge Parkway weaves through many regions of mystery and beauty. The rocky heart of these mountains connects the streams and rivers which carry her lifeblood. Here, many stories of joy and sorrow, adventure, companionship, independence, love and loss will be told; but many more will never be known, except briefly by those who live them, before being lost to the mists.

These were taken at Waterrock Knob, 6293' elevation, part of the Plott Balsams in western North Carolina. The Blue Ridge Parkway weaves through many regions of mystery and beauty. The rocky heart of these mountains connects the streams and rivers which carry her lifeblood. Here, many stories of joy and sorrow, adventure, companionship, independence, love and loss will be told; but many more will never be known, except briefly by those who live them, before being lost to the mists.
Very eloquently said. I have been to Asheville, Grandfathers mountain and Mile High Bridge, much farther from there? where also is the Cohutta Wilderness Area mentioned in another thread? The namesake for the knives.

Back