Col Moschin

Pan

This question is geared more for Frank but if anyone else can answer the responses are much appreciated.

I just purchased a double edged Col Moschin knife and was curious what the history of this knife is (it's development, purpose, etc.)

I fell in love with the graceful lines and it's outstanding design as a fighting/combat knife. Just another one of the many wonderful products from Extrema Ratio.

Pan,

Good Choice! The Col Moschin Double Edged is the actual issue knife to the Italian Special Forces "Col Moschin" unit. They were instrumental in the design and is to their "Spec". They also use the Fulcrum but the Col Moschin is their pet knife. The Col Moschin unit is the Italian Military equivelant to our SEAL Teams. They train quite often with the Teams as well as other special forces of other countries.
This knife has been highly "tested" by the unit prior to them putting their name and logo on the knife.

Enjoy your knife!

Col%20Moschin%20Dressed%20Camo.jpg

Frank.

Thanks so much for the great information.

I knew about the Col Moschin unit but was not sure if they actually used the knife or not. You know how many makers attach unit names to knives for marketing purposes. I should have known better with ER.

I am very pleased with the purchase and fell in love with the knife immediately. I own several combat knives and it is without a doubt the best there is.

Do you know if it is a very limited production item, as I had a hard time finding one?

Once again, thanks for the reply and great information.

One more thing Frank:

Great picture. Are the camo sheaths available or is it custom?

Thanks again.

The camo sheath is an accessorie. We also have an Artic (white) and a Desert (tan) version.
All versions come with a SHEATH, HANDLE, & MOUNTING SCREW. The great thing about this system is you can have 4 different looks with One knife!

Thanks again Frank for all the information.

I may have to look into purchasing new sheaths and accessories. Just another one of the perks of owning an ER knife!!

Thanks again for all the help.

Very nice indeed.

Do you also do OD sheaths as well to match the OD handle pictured ?

Maybe not as practical as the black finish as standard, but can you do your Tiger Stripes upon this knife, or is it only finished with the black coating ?

Infyrana,

Currently we do not do a standard "OD" green sheath...but if there is enough demand we would certainly look at doing one.

The Col Moschin is available ONLY in the Testudo finish as per the instructions of the "Col Moschin" unit that was so kind as to allow us to have this knife in the USA.

Back