Cold Steel AD 10

I was going to pick one of these up after seeing all the great reviews .
But since the dealers have jacked up the price due to the demand I’m going to pass . If they come back down after all the hype I’ll probably snag one .
140.00 dollars was a great price but when you bump it up close to 180.00 the competition gets much more competitive and I can think of many more I would consider instead .

View attachment 1109481 The AD10 has been my edc since I received it March 10th. I’ve tried to use it for everything from cutting fruit to breaking down cardboard.
The handle is extremely comfortable, in all grips. It’s perfect for my hands. The lock is very smooth, easy to disengage. This knife has been great for me. I recommend it to anyone.
I love the look of this knife but I doubt that I will ever own one. There is something that turns me off about Cold Steel products. Not really sure what. The same holds true for ZT.

I like to look of the Swift but avoid AO knives. That one I have figured out. I also like the Code 4 drop point but try to avoid metal scales. The American Lawman is one of my favorite CS products and yet, I have never been able to find one for sale. Locally, that is.

Maybe Lynn's marketing has soured me. I'm not sure what the problem is. I can find models I like but there is something that just turns me off. As I said, I'm not really sure what it is.

I was going to pick one of these up after seeing all the great reviews .
But since the dealers have jacked up the price due to the demand I’m going to pass . If they come back down after all the hype I’ll probably snag one .
140.00 dollars was a great price but when you bump it up close to 180.00 the competition gets much more competitive and I can think of many more I would consider instead .
its still in stock for that price on one of the online stores mentioned in this thread, i ordered one today

I love the look of this knife but I doubt that I will ever own one. There is something that turns me off about Cold Steel products. Not really sure what. The same holds true for ZT.

I like to look of the Swift but avoid AO knives. That one I have figured out. I also like the Code 4 drop point but try to avoid metal scales. The American Lawman is one of my favorite CS products and yet, I have never been able to find one for sale. Locally, that is.

Maybe Lynn's marketing has soured me. I'm not sure what the problem is. I can find models I like but there is something that just turns me off. As I said, I'm not really sure what it is.
I was the same way about Cold Steel. I had never liked any of the folders, always stuck to Spyderco and Benchmade, also a couple Zt’s.
But I loved the Andrew Demko scorpion lock. I almost ordered the mid tech, but couldn’t justify the money. When I heard C.S. Was doing one I jumped right on it. As soon as I got the knife I ordered my 10.
The 15 is so fun to play with. Love the scorpion lock. But as soon as I got the ten the 15 went right in the knife box.
I liked the 10 so much I ordered a 4max......... I went from no C.S. To three of my favorite knives. I plan on getting an Sr1 soon.

Beefy things. Looks great for a super hard use folder.

Not sure if the 15’s lock would ever jive with me. I think I’d need to see one in person.

Beefy things. Looks great for a super hard use folder.

Not sure if the 15’s lock would ever jive with me. I think I’d need to see one in person.
I feel the same way about the 15’s .
My knives are like therapy for me so they have to be fun one handed flickers and or openers while watching TV :D
Doesn’t look like the 15 would pass that test . The look is growing on me a tad but not enough to want one .

Which ones your favorite?
My guess would be the 4 max with the AD 10 a hair splitting close second :thumbsup:
Wow I’d say you nailed it. The 4max is probably my favorite, but it is huge. I don’t normally feel self conscious about using my knives, but when you swing that big blade out I definitely look around to see if there is anyone around who may take offense to it.
The 10 though... I can’t say enough good things about. The opening/closing is so smooth. The lock is easier to use. The handle is more comfortable than the 4max.
I guess what I’m trying to say is the 10 feels like a better all around knife for me, but the novelty of the 4max keeps it as my favorite.

Wow I’d say you nailed it. The 4max is probably my favorite, but it is huge. I don’t normally feel self conscious about using my knives, but when you swing that big blade out I definitely look around to see if there is anyone around who may take offense to it.
The 10 though... I can’t say enough good things about. The opening/closing is so smooth. The lock is easier to use. The handle is more comfortable than the 4max.
I guess what I’m trying to say is the 10 feels like a better all around knife for me, but the novelty of the 4max keeps it as my favorite.
Thanks for the detailed reply :thumbsup:
I haven’t handled any of the them but The 4max would probably be my fav to just because it’s made in Italy :D

Ordered one yesterday.
Was on the fence about getting another folder but the AD10 had interested me ever since it was announced.
With the price hike and a couple glasses of wine I thought,
“what the hell, I’ll try it while I can still get it for $140.”
If nothing else, it might become my get home bag folder.
Seems like a lot of knife for the money.

Ordered one yesterday.
Was on the fence about getting another folder but the AD10 had interested me ever since it was announced.
With the price hike and a couple glasses of wine I thought,
“what the hell, I’ll try it while I can still get it for $140.”
If nothing else, it might become my get home bag folder.
Seems like a lot of knife for the money.
Same here my exact thoughts but after 3 or 4 IPA’s :D

AD-15 Scorpion Lock is very "fidget friendly" once you get the hang of it. At first it was awkward for me but quickly became natural.
AD-10 is one of the more refined models that CS has produced. No wonder it's popular. I wouldn't pay a premium though. They'll be widely available again.

I have to toss my kudos into the ring for the AD10. I knew as soon as I saw them announced that I'd be getting it. I actually got it over getting the AD15, though if I see one at the $150-$160ish price in the wild, I'll grab one of those also.

For someone who was comparing the AD10 to the Ultimate Hunter, I'd say that the UH is a much smaller knife dimensionally speaking. The AD10 fits my hands much better.

Since this is my first Cold Steel product, I was wondering how their knives really hold up to hard use, as in things around the ranch? This thing feels great and sturdy, just curious about overall quality as compared to other similar knives...

Back