Cold Steel Arc-angel

Any ideas why Cold Steel doesn't have the arc-angel on it's own page?

LostboY

Unwrapped a spear-point Arc Angel. I've got to say it is a very nice piece of work. The only thing 'wrong' were a number of 'wire-edges' around the holes of one handle; it looked like the cutting tool was about half-a-tenths thousandths from making it clear through. They came out pretty easily but were scalpel sharp.

The blade grind is very nice and the edge is shaving sharp from the box. There's little to no play in the handle forks and it shows up in the smoothness while manipulating. The knife is very solid and does seem to be a little heavier than the BM 4X's with the ti handles.

The lock-up, both open and closed, is tight and the handles must be squeezed together to 'break' the latch (I'm sure that it will ease up over time). The tang pin is nice and big and fits the cups extremely well. The slots in the handle were cut with a slitting saw and if you're familiar with the way Walt Erickson mills his handles, you know what I'm talking about- a nice radius up to where the blade channel meets the latch gate.

The pocket-clip is on the safe handle and I found it didn't interfere with general manipulation. It can be entirely removed from the handle or the handles can be changed around on the blade if a Manila-style latch is what you'd prefer. I need to remove the clip from mine and adjust it a bit as it is much too tight to easily get it clipped onto the pocket of my Levis.

I'll get some pictures of it up when I get a chance.......

By the way, the swedge is very thin and will sharpen in no time at all! :)

Thanks Dudley.., yeah I handled both new models at the SHOT SHOW.., and wasn't nuts about the blade profile on either of them. They did handle well though.., and I liked the feel and weight distribution. Nice to have CS get involved also.., and I'll look forward to your pictures when you get time...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Back