Cold Steel Bird and Game OR Game and Trout??? Opinions on either

I like both of these knives and I see they are the same steel with the only real differences being the blade length and the Bird and Game has a small handle.

Anyone have any preference between the 2? Compared them? Feel in hand? etc.

Any info is appreciated.

Well it really comes down to what you are going to do with them. Do you plan to use it on trout? If so, then you can't use the bird & game knife, that's illegal. Or what about pheasant? Can't use the trout knife, because that is also wrong. I'd either get both so you are covered or get an "all animals including dragons" knife. Then you will be set for anything.

LOL True story.....yesterday Im watching Game og Thrones with my gf. Beautiful Colombian woman, teacher.....but still a lil slow.....she goes "I wish I lived when there were dragons" So I said....."Ummm when was that?!?!" (Assuming she would realize she misspoke and would correct herself and say something like "I wish there WERE dragons" or something....) BUT she replied "back in the past I don't know when, but whenever there were dragons" I paused the show....and said "HUH??" She saw by the look on my face that I was upset.....she goes "like when there were dinosaurs?!?!?" I said "I don't ever want to say that outloud ever again.....when you get home google this, and never bring it up to me again"

Not good. I love her a little less today. SMH

Pretty nice knife , but not for anything heavy duty . Lightweight and thin .

Wrapped handle is more comfortable .

LOL True story.....yesterday Im watching Game og Thrones with my gf. Beautiful Colombian woman, teacher.....but still a lil slow.....she goes "I wish I lived when there were dragons" So I said....."Ummm when was that?!?!" (Assuming she would realize she misspoke and would correct herself and say something like "I wish there WERE dragons" or something....) BUT she replied "back in the past I don't know when, but whenever there were dragons" I paused the show....and said "HUH??" She saw by the look on my face that I was upset.....she goes "like when there were dinosaurs?!?!?" I said "I don't ever want to say that outloud ever again.....when you get home google this, and never bring it up to me again"

Not good. I love her a little less today. SMH

When Game of Thrones first came out I would sometimes watch it with my wife and it took me a couple episodes till I realized it wasn’t based on historical events.

When Game of Thrones first came out I would sometimes watch it with my wife and it took me a couple episodes till I realized it wasn’t based on historical events.
It was loosely based on the war of the roses I believe, so hopefully that will make you feel a bit better

So I got the Bird and Game and I love it. Its a great size and it is RAZOR sharp!!! Def recommend this knife....if you have a need for it.

I was going to say, I don't think that little bit of plastic makes a difference one way or the other. The whole point is to put your pinky through the ring so you can drop the knife while cleaning a mess of birds, trout, or other game; but keep the knife at the ready. It's not meant for heavy duty chores and so needs no plastic on the handle IMO but I highly doubt it makes it any less (or more) useable.

Glad you like it, I lost my bird and trout hunting squirrels one day. I was carrying it as a neck knife and it must have got hung up on a tree branch or something. I reached down for it only to find an empty sheath. I sure hope no one steps on it!

Back