Cold Steel Drop Forged Handle Mods

Hi there
Been looking at various Cold Steel drop forged knives, but have been resisting buying any because the handles are just too slick and I don't care to redecorate my hands all that much.

Have any of you made inserts or other kinds of grips/grip scales for your drop forged knives?

Any pics? I've not had much luck Googling them...

The latest version of Survivalist actually has handle scales now (see below from 2019 catalog). Not sure if it's been released yet, but if not must be soon.

View attachment 1167852

5d9f1f6080fdc660cd6f26b7a1b27388.jpg

Just thinking out loud but plasti dip or bondo might work for filling in the handle spaces. I would put a bike inner tube over the handles to hold it all together. It may not look pretty but should help.

I taped off the blade and just coated the handle in spray on truck bed liner. I think a can costs about 9 bucks. Its held up for over a year so far.

I wrapped my handle in that camo gun wrap works great; ive also used that lizard tape for wrapping baseball bats. I really put one of those knives through a lot of cutting and chopping over the past year or more, and its unbeatable for the money.Even with the wrap the handle does hurt a little when hacking at heavy thick wood.I removed the belt loop portion of the sheath and added a teklock its much better for me that way..

Back